• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

STS 4.6 + add new page files contri .....some questions

Hi all

I have sts4.6 running and now installed the `add new pages` contri from the STS Powerpack list but some things are not working as expected.

1) i made links to the new pages in the header but these stay in english , and i have 3 languages , how do i make the links display in the correct languages?.

2) it doesn´t seem to use the sts4.6 templates but a template of it´s own , how can i make this contri use the sts templates?

My website is here

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Gr, Rob

Hi

Some extra info; it does find the pages in the right language , it is just the link in the header that stays in english.

The problem with the template is that it is not using the header and footer from STS but only the header and footer defined in the `newpage` file.

Gr, Rob

Edited by Rob1962

Hi all

It seems my problem is in the information pages as on the categorie pages , the product pages and the cartpages the header and footer etc. are working , but as soon as i go to one of the info pages it uses the standard header and footer.

On the page it actualy tell me :" This is the default template." and " This is the text link for newpage.php "

I am sure that all the templates are set to true in admin.

Also i have some strange things in the upper left corner of the screen on the info pages , like this -  -, how / were do i take that away?

Can someone point me in the right direction please as i have not a clue on were to start looking for this.

Regards, Rob

Me again

In shame that is , as i just found the template for these " newpage " pages , :blush: :blush:

Only thing is , when i change something in that template , nothing happens in the pages itself.

Now i assume that i need to change these pages individualy , rigtht?

So , the only thing now is to find out how to get the page names in the header to change with the chosen language.

If someone has a idea about that one than please help me!

And maybe you can also explain what i use this : $urlmynewpage for and were to put it.

I have been reading in the STS manual and on the forum for a couple of days but i can not find the answer.

Regards , Rob

Edited by Rob1962

Hi

In the STS_user_code file i have this line of code:

$sts->template['urlworkshop'] = tep_href_link(FILENAME_WORKSHOP, '', 'SSL');
 $sts->template['workshop'] = '<a href=' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WORKSHOP, '', 'SSL') . ' class="headerNavigation">' . 'Workshop' . '</a>';

Can anyone tell me if this is correct because i am not sure on what the "urlworkshop" should be or what it does.

Thanks,

Rob

Found it!!!!!!!!! , wel , at least a part of my problem , i found that i was editing the wrong template file :blush: :blush: :blush:

Now i just need to find out were this "  " is coming from as it is only in the info pages/new pages.

And i need to find out how i can make the links in the header switch to the different languages.

If somebody can help it would be great as i have no clue on how to do this.

Many thanks in advance.

Rob

OK , for everybody with the same problem.

is the Byte Order Mark (BOM) of the Unicode Standard , and it shows up if a page is saved in the wrong way.

In this addon the file :sts_template.html is saved as a dos\windows file were it should be saved as a UTF-8.

If you have the same problem than download the file with ftp and use Notepad++ or similar to check the file and save it as a UTF-8 file , than upload it to your server and your done.

This worked perfect for me , just save the file first before you start doing things to it ;-).

btw , i know sh*t about this stuf therefor , if i used wrong names or expressions , don´t kill me ,it will work anyways........ ;-)

Edited by Rob1962

OK , for everybody with the same problem.

is the Byte Order Mark (BOM) of the Unicode Standard , and it shows up if a page is saved in the wrong way.

In this addon the file :sts_template.html is saved as a dos\windows file were it should be saved as a UTF-8.

If you have the same problem than download the file with ftp and use Notepad++ or similar to check the file and save it as a UTF-8 file , than upload it to your server and your done.

This worked perfect for me , just save the file first before you start doing things to it ;-).

btw , i know sh*t about this stuf therefor , if i used wrong names or expressions , don´t kill me ,it will work anyways........ ;-)

First off, if you have been reading in the STS Forum, Why not post all of the above there??

The Byte Order Mark is an old relic which is mostly caused by the editor that you are using to create your pages. Dig deep into the settings of your editor and change the settings that would cause the BOM to display. This mostly happens with Microsoft Front Page or Microsoft Expression Web. Both editors allow you to modify the settings in order to remove the BOM.

See you in the STS Forums.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE