• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Download 2.3.0

telavir

As far as I am aware there is no need to update to 2.3 before putting on 2.3.1

It may be better to install a fresh 2.3.1 and then add any modifications you may want to this though

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Julian,

Normally that would be good advice except there are currently very few contributions for v2.3.1. It will take some time to get all of the contributions updated to work with v2.3.1

Chris

I know Chris but I reckon that for someone just starting, doing without some add-ons for a while while the contributions get updated will be less stressful than trying to update 2.2 to 2.3 at a later date.

After all, the contributions that everyone wants will be the first to be updated and some of the smaller ones fit without serious modifications.

But possibly the best reason for starting with v2.3.1 is the security aspect which is what every newbie overlooks - with 2.3.1 all the security that one should add to 2.2 is already included

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

I know I can just copy and paste a complete 2.3.1 over 2.2 and the files will work out fine.

This won't work, unless you have a 2.2 without mods, in which case you would not bother to overwrite, just delete and replace all files.

With 2.3 there is one new table = products_images, and changes to the reviews table and address_book_details table. There might be others I don't recall now.

Oh, and action_recorder table as well.

I put a fresh installation of 2.2rc2a (no mods) and then imported my backup. I then ran the upgrade.sql for 2.3, deleted 2.2 and uploaded 2.3.1. Now I can't login to the admin. I just keeps giving me "The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes."

End of line.

I put a fresh installation of 2.2rc2a (no mods) and then imported my backup. I then ran the upgrade.sql for 2.3, deleted 2.2 and uploaded 2.3.1. Now I can't login to the admin. I just keeps giving me "The maximum number of login attempts has been reached. Please try again in 5 minutes."

That definitely won't work (that's a been there done that :rolleyes: )

One question have you got any reviews?

That definitely won't work (that's a been there done that :rolleyes: )

One question have you got any reviews?

Ok, what will work? I just want to upgrade to 2.3.1 from 2.2rc2a. I have no mods. How do I do this without finding every snippet of code?

Yes, I do have reviews.

End of line.

Reviews are the problem as the team in their wisdom added a column to the table in the middle instead of at the end.

Run this sql query on your existing tables

ALTER TABLE `reviews` ADD `reviews_status` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `last_modified`

which will put the missing column in in the right place do it with your data in place make sure you have a back up before you do this.

Now back up your data:

* Structure address_book

* Structure address_format

* Structure administrators

* Structure banners

* Structure banners_history

* Structure categories

* Structure categories_description

* Structure configuration

* Structure configuration_group

* Structure counter

* Structure counter_history

* Structure countries

* Structure currencies

* Structure customers

* Structure customers_basket

* Structure customers_basket_attributes

* Structure customers_info

* Structure geo_zones

* Structure languages

* Structure manufacturers

* Structure manufacturers_info

* Structure newsletters

* Structure orders

* Structure orders_products

* Structure orders_products_attributes

* Structure orders_products_download

* Structure orders_status

* Structure orders_status_history

* Structure orders_total

* Structure products

* Structure products_attributes

* Structure products_attributes_download

* Structure products_description

* Structure products_notifications

* Structure products_options

* Structure products_options_values

* Structure products_options_values_to_products_options

* Structure products_to_categories

* Structure reviews

* Structure reviews_description

* Structure sessions

* Structure specials

* Structure tax_class

* Structure tax_rates

* Structure whos_online

* Structure zones

* Structure zones_to_geo_zones

The ones in red you will not need so either don't include them when you download or remove them before you upload - download the data only not the structure.

Now upload your 2.3.1 and install it (it will drop and create the tables) start it and make sure you can use it go to admin>>modules>>action recorder>>Administration Tool Login and alter the Allowed Minutes to 0 and the Allowed Attempts to 300 - which will stop the waiting for 5 minutes.

Now make sure all your tables above in black are empty in your database and then up load - hopefully that will work

Brilliant. I had to figure out how to get the data back in, but it wasn't too hard. Especially with your help. I added that column to the reviews table, but I don't think the right value is in there since no reviews are displaying. The field shows a "0" for all entries. Do I change this to one?

End of line.

Yes change it to 1 or look on your dash board at the bottom should show reviews waiting for authorization

Both your password and Username are case sensitive in case you didn't know

Have you changed your administrators table data?

I understand that the password protection is very sensitive at the moment (I say sensitive rater than buggy giving it the benefit of the doubt)

Admin gives the following information:

Additional Protection With htaccess/htpasswd

This osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool installation is not additionally secured through htaccess/htpasswd means.

Enabling the htaccess/htpasswd security layer will automatically store administrator username and passwords in a htpasswd file when updating administrator password records.

Please note, if this additional security layer is enabled and you can no longer access the Administration Tool, please make the following changes and consult your hosting provider to enable htaccess/htpasswd protection:

1. Edit this file:

http://yourstore/admin/.htaccess

Remove the following lines if they exist:

##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - BEGIN #####
AuthType Basic
AuthName "osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool"
AuthUserFile http://yourstore/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce
Require valid-user
##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - END #####

2. Delete this file:

http://yourstore/admin/.htpasswd_oscommerce

following these instructions may sort your problem out.

There is also this post it's worth looking at and applying the recommended changes

Thanks guys. I've got the new site up and working. Now all I need is to install UPSXML which is not compatible with 2.3.1.

Have you tried it? I've found all the 2.2 shipping modules work on 2.3.1 - unless I'm missing something :'(

• 3 weeks later...

Reviews are the problem as the team in their wisdom added a column to the table in the middle instead of at the end.

Run this sql query on your existing tables

ALTER TABLE `reviews` ADD `reviews_status` TINYINT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' AFTER `last_modified`

which will put the missing column in in the right place do it with your data in place make sure you have a back up before you do this.

Now back up your data:

* Structure address_book

* Structure address_format

* Structure administrators

* Structure banners

* Structure banners_history

* Structure categories

* Structure categories_description

* Structure configuration

[snip]

I've tried to follow your instruction but it is not working for me.

I've run

on the old database

export via phpmyadmin data only from the above tables and try to upload it to new database but I'm getting errors example:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 26: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

#Joseph

I've tried to follow your instruction but it is not working for me.

I've run

on the old database

export via phpmyadmin data only from the above tables and try to upload it to new database but I'm getting errors example:

ERROR 1062 (23000) at line 26: Duplicate entry '1' for key 'PRIMARY'

You have to empty the tables before you upload; your existing table has an entry with the ID 1; the new database table also has an entry with the ID 1; which is why you get the error, so you must empty the new table first

You have to empty the tables before you upload; your existing table has an entry with the ID 1; the new database table also has an entry with the ID 1; which is why you get the error, so you must empty the new table first

I did emptied all the table you posted in black.

Which "table" has that ID 1, I'll try it again,

Thanks for reply

#Joseph

Archived