• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Agree to conditions before signup.

nyckeln

Hi!

I wonder if someone know how to force new customers to read the conditions and agree to them before they can signup as customer.

And if they dont agree they cant signup.

Someone?

Best Regards,

Patrick :tellme:

• 1 month later...

I'm also using MS1 and it doesn't work correctly. I love it if you would liket me know also what the fix is. I need this to work by Monday if at all possible. It loops or doesn't work at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Some things that are supposed to be found in order to complete installation cannot be found. In Particular:

find: if (strlen($password) < ENTRY_PASSWORD_MIN_LENGTH) {

$error = true;

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_PASSWORD_ERROR);

} elseif ($password != $confirmation) {

$error = true;

$messageStack->add('create_account', ENTRY_PASSWORD_ERROR_NOT_MATCHING);

}

Cannot be found in catalog/create_account.php

• 3 months later...

Marcel,

Is there a way this can be modified to create an "age agreement" page?

What I am trying to do is restrict access to a category untill you agree to being over 18.....

Any help is VERY greatly appreciated as I am very new at php.

Marcel,

Is there a way this can be modified to create an "age agreement" page?

What I am trying to do is restrict access to a category untill you agree to being over 18.....

Any help is VERY greatly appreciated as I am very new at php.

PMFJI, but in case Marcel doesn't see this I will attempt an answer. You need to create the new age agreement page (see wiki for instructions) and link to it rather than to the policy page. You will also need to alter the text to read something like "you have read our age agreement..."

HTH,

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack,

I have been struggling with this for a month. At the risc of sounding ungreatful, your answer has done little more to clarify this for me.

I have seen other mods done but for the life of me can't get my head around it. Is there some way that you could perhaps in your infinate wisdome help a fella out a bit more?

Jack,

I have been struggling with this for a month. At the risc of sounding ungreatful, your answer has done little more to clarify this for me.

I have seen other mods done but for the life of me can't get my head around it. Is there some way that you could perhaps in your infinate wisdome help a fella out a bit more?

Hmm, sorry, but on re-reading your post I think I misunderstood it. I thought you wanted to just change the document that the visitor read when they signed in. But I see now that you want to prevent visitors from seeing the page before they sign in. If it is just one category you are trying to hide then I don't know how to do that. However, if it is all of your categories, then just create a enter sheet that they must agree to before entering your site. You could adapt the code from this mod to do that or there are plenty of examples on the net. Just google for restrict access to site or some variation.

HTH,

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

That would be the easiest route - however because we are offering VOD movies, I prefer to have no barrier to site entry up front. Our cometition is cinemanow and i would hate to push anyone away by making an adult content statement before they even see we have hundereds of hollywood titles.

Using some code posted in another topic i can easily stop the user and redirect them to a verify page. Its the form i need to set a cookie thats really giving me the shits - well and the reidirect code too....

if ($cPath_array[0] == '1') {
  if (!tep_session_is_registered('ageagree') || ($agreed != 'age')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link($cPath_array[0] == '1'));
 } else {
  if (!tep_session_is_registered('ageagree') || ($agreed != 'nosir')) {
   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
  }
}

I know I'm heading in the right direction its just that the road is quite bumpy and rather untravelled. If my logic is all messed up PLEASE point me in a good direction. I could also use help with registering the agreed value....

I'm really lost on this one.....

Edited by Virtual1

• 4 years later...