Sign in to follow this  
pederb

USPS Shipping Methods v2.3?

Will the USPS Shipping methods for 2.2 work in v2.3?

Cheers

-Peder Beckman-

Kool Kat Jazz Records

Nobody? This does not look promising for a new version of osCommerce

-Peder Beckman-

Kool Kat Jazz Records

Nobody? This does not look promising for a new version of osCommerce

Why not give it a try and let us know?

2.3 is so new maybe nobody has been able to test it yet. However, the development team has stated they have taken great care in making sure previous mods will continue to work. I would try it if I had a working 2.3 version myself.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

I just gave it a very quick try in a test store, and domestic shipping within the US appeared to function okay.

With that said, while setting up the module, I noticed that the earlier ability to enable/disable different shipping options via radio buttons is missing. So, I'll likely just comment out those options that I know are not applicable to my products (media mail, library, bound printed matter, etc), and do the same for international as well.

Also, on checkout_shipping, the available options are sorted alphabetically, where in (4.3 I think, and perhaps earlier), the output was sorted in ascending price order. I might try to reorder those, too.

Rob

Thank you Rob,

This means that I have to wait for a new version of USPS Methods before making the switch over to 2.3 since that all I use and I ship a lot worldwide.

Cheers

-Peder Beckman-

Kool Kat Jazz Records

Thank you Rob,

This means that I have to wait for a new version of USPS Methods before making the switch over to 2.3 since that all I use and I ship a lot worldwide.

Cheers

Well was editing usps.php and got the results I wanted, instead of radio buttons you just edit the usps.php and if you want a different order too.

Cheers

Edited by pederb

-Peder Beckman-

Kool Kat Jazz Records

Biggest problem that I see is that 2.3 uses a template system so the code is different then on 2.2

I tried converting MVS to the new 2.3 and having problems doing so.

until people upgrade more and convert some of the mods to new system there wont be much help im afraid.