• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Hi

I am very new to oscommerce and on a steep learning curve and needing some hand-holding. I have found this forum very willing and helpful. I would like to install the rotator slide model. I have followed the instructions and have installed the model using all defaults to start with:

image.png.a1131709fb5a691ebfd713724c4b3a71.png

I have activated the model in Banner Management:

image.png.6b9495b24ca27df78477256d2a035640.png

The next screen seems to allow for only one image:

image.png.f6eb029f739d97428f95b2607df7dc34.png

Nothing appears on front shop screen.

I am using osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE

I am obviously doing something wrong. Can someone point me in the right direction?

many thanks

Subbie

You should post this in another general support thread for 2.3.4.1 CE or you should create a new one. It is not related to this topic.

Meanwhile: you need to add a banner module to your store to show it on your public store side.

There is none included in 2.3.4.1 CE but there has been an add-on just uploaded today:

https://apps.oscommerce.com/L9dD0&simple-header-footer-banners

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, MJP said:

With using Category Images, is it possible to limit the number of categories shown?

Figured it out.  In the fp_categories_images.php file add to select statement what categories you wish to ignore:   

$categories_query_raw = "
                select

c.categories_id,

c.categories_image,
                  cd.categories_name
                from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd
                  join " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c
                    on (c.categories_id = cd.categories_id)
                where

c.parent_id = '0'

and  
                   cd.language_id = '" . (int) $languages_id . " ' and  cd.categories_id!='57' and  cd.categories_id!='60' and  cd.categories_id!='60' and  cd.categories_id!='42' and  cd.categories_id!='50' and  cd.categories_id!='59'
                   and  cd.categories_id!='67'

order by
                  c.sort_order
              ";

• 1 year later...

osCommerce Online Merchant v2.3.4.1 CE

PHP 7.3.29

https://apps.oscommerce.com/SPtCw&featured-products-content-module-bootst&v=23

Warning: Use of undefined constant DIR_WS_MODULES - assumed 'DIR_WS_MODULES' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) inD:\server\xampp\htdocs\new\includes\modules\content\index\cm_fp_featured_products.phpon line57

Warning: include(DIR_WS_MODULEScontent/index/templates/cm_fp_featured_products.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory inD:\server\xampp\htdocs\new\includes\modules\content\index\cm_fp_featured_products.phpon line57

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'DIR_WS_MODULEScontent/index/templates/cm_fp_featured_products.php' for inclusion (include_path='D:\server\xampp\php\PEAR') inD:\server\xampp\htdocs\new\includes\modules\content\index\cm_fp_featured_products.phpon line57

Does anyone have an idea?

Edited by kep@

The older versions of oscommerce used definitions, those items with capital letters in the errors. The later versions did away with those and use actual names. So you have to replace them to get the code to work. In this case, replace

DIR_WS_MODULES

with 

'includes/modules/'

Note that the apostrophes are required.

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons