• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

new products carousel, featured products carousel, banner carousel, all have id=rotator with different layouts, and so on.

i am not an expert, either a novice but i dont think thats the cause of the problem.

today i am busy with other thinks on the site but tomorrow i gonna try what Jim said

New Products Carousel only available on the front page is not a good thing in my opinion, it shows the same informacion as the page self.

That's why i would migrate that carousel to another page where it have more value.

Myself will not migrate, never.

I will inform, maybe usefull for others.

Sharing is knowledge

new products carousel, featured products carousel, banner carousel, all have id=rotator with different layouts, and so on.

i am not an expert, either a novice but i dont think thats the cause of the problem.

today i am busy with other thinks on the site but tomorrow i gonna try what Jim said

New Products Carousel only available on the front page is not a good thing in my opinion, it shows the same informacion as the page self.

That's why i would migrate that carousel to another page where it have more value.

Myself will not migrate, never.

I will inform, maybe usefull for others.

Sharing is knowledge

@@SpicyGirl

Front Page "new products carousel" does not use id=rotator, it uses id=fp-new-products.

Front Page "new products carousel" is only available in the front page and is meant to replace existing new products to give you a carousel version of new products. You don't have both displaying at the same time. If you don't want the same information as the page itself then you can easily switch modules on or off.

There is no need to migrate "new products carousel" since there is another add-on "Category New Products Carousel (bootstrap)" to use to display on category pages.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

@@auzStar

that's true, i mislooked,its =fp-new-products.

I installed your Category New Products Carousel (bootstrap) and all funcions in the adminsite works, got new products as i selected in categories but in normal form, but NOT in Carousel.

@@auzStar

that's true, i mislooked,its =fp-new-products.

I installed your Category New Products Carousel (bootstrap) and all funcions in the adminsite works, got new products as i selected in categories but in normal form, but NOT in Carousel.

continued here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/409086-addon-category-new-products-carousel-for-osc-234-bootstrap/#entry1740771

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Dear Jim,

I start a new installation 2 be sure everything funcions before I start changing css and some errors may be due of that changing.

1/ osc2.3.4BS EDGE

2/ installed included modules, boxes, content = everything fine
3/ installed navbar & navbar modules = all ok
4/ installed theme switcher 1.5.2 & checked = all ok
5/ installed modular front page = seems ok
6/ installed Front Page Featured Products Carousel =
Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_easing_list() in ...../modules_content.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 1

after the shop install only 2 files has been changed ! template_top.php & index.php. Both have been replace by yours, that was easy becose i did'n change any file

I removed module & everything seems to work normaly.

kind regards from Mexico

I've uploaded a new version that fixes the missing function bug. Thanks again to @@SpicyGirl for finding my mistake.

If you have this module already installed, just replace the catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php file from this package. No need to reinstall.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim,

just wondering why I did'n got htis error in my previous shop?

It works in the first shop but becose I messed up with so much addons, modificaciones & css that Rainer told me that was the cause my shop was different in different browsers. So I decide to start all over & after several addons I got it

Same osc, same addons

Probably the reason i got so much troubles 

No worry, Its fixed

thanks & saludos

It worked because the carousel module on the front page contains the same function, and the function only needs to exist once for both modules to use it. My fault for testing on a store that had both modules installed.

Regards

Jim

@@kymation

Hi

I have just installed Modular Front page and featured products carousel, however when I go to install Featured Products module, I get

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '.2, 'The version of this module that you are running.', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_disab' at line 1

insert into configuration (configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added) values ('Module Version', 'MODULE_CONTENT_FRONT_PAGE_FEATURED_PRODUCTS_CAROUSEL_VERSION', 1.0.2, 'The version of this module that you are running.', '6', '0', 'tep_cfg_disabled(', now() )

[TEP STOP]

I have tried "googleing" and looking thru this thread but haven't come up with an answer. I am at the moment running the burts  latest GitHub version. Ive probably done somwthing stupid.

Any thoughts

Many thanks

Grandpa

Edited by grandpaj

There is a bug in the code of some of the modules that shows up when you are running certain recent versions of MySQL. So it's not you, it's a real bug. I'm working on a fix and will upload as soon as I get this tested.

Regards

Jim

Modular Front Page and Featured Products Carousel are fixed and uploaded. If you have these already installed, please replace your module files and reinstall the modules.

Regards

Jim

@@grandpaj

@@kymation

Hi

For what its worth the only other module I have installed is Ajax Product listing.

Cheers

Grandpa

Hi John,

You can easily turn off the "Ajax Product Listing" module (or remove it) if you're testing other things, to see if that makes a difference.

cheers

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

@@kymation

Hi Jim

Have installed both updates, but must have missed something, as when installed I just get a column underneath New Products in the center of the web page.

Doesn't seem to matter wether I alter Align Products Left, center right, nothing changes on the web page.

Here's the url grandpas.co.nz/BS234FINAL.

I uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times just in case I had done something silly. Remove Ajax product listing, but alas still won't render correctly.

Cheers

Grandpa

Hi John

The scripts in /ext/jquery/slideshow/ seem to all be missing from the package. I don't know how I managed to do that. Yes, you've found another bug.

I've added the files to the package and uploaded it. Hopefully this time it will work.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

Hola Jim,

with my experiences of the 2 testshops I made I started to build the one with the addons I realy needed.

I saw your post about an new modular frontpage & featured carousel & module

Decide to use the last versions as it is a new installation.

1/ Featured is still not working

2/ I have no one Carousel that works ! Very Strange becose it doesn need core changes.

jQuery Owl 1.3.3 is there and installed

3/ The Banner Carousel works but thats working on the slideshow.

4/ OSC234BS EDGE PHP 5.4.45

This time ALL the omplicated things likes to work properly, now its the carousels dont work.

The only addon that is new from the old stores is modular front page 2.2.2

Any idea dear Jim?

Thanks a lot for support

It sounda like you are trying to do too many things at once. Install just one addon and test thoroughly. If that works, install another one. When you get one that doesn't work, stop and debug it or seek help.

Also, it helps a lot if I can see the problem for myself, so a link to yor site would be appreciated.

Regards

Jim

No Jim,

addon by addon, after each install I checked the working.

I kept a log of the installation :

Installed :

1/ Header Tags SEO 3.3.3.1 Working

2/ Google Feeder 3.4 Working

3/ Google Rank Working

3B/ Google XML 1.9 Working

4/ Navbar + modules Working

5/ Adsense       v2 Working

6/ Modular Frontpage 2.2.2 Working

7/ Frontpage Banner Rotator Working

8/ Header Banner Rotator Working

9/ Textmaster 1.3 Working

10/ Related Products 5.6 Working

11/ Dashboard Google Module Working

12/ Ultimate_Seo_Urls_5_PRO_r205 Working

13/ Theme Switcher 1.5.2 Working

14/ Recently viewed 3.3 Working

15/ Featured Content Module 1.0 Not Working

16/ Front Page New Products carousel 1.0.4 Not Working

17/ Category New Products Carousel Not Working

18/ Featured Products Carousel 1.0.4 Not Working

19/ BS Modal info popup layer Working

20/ Store Hotline BS 1.1 Working

21/ Kissit Thumbnailer r24 Working

22/ Favicon 1.1 Working

23/ Install Select Product Image Directory Working

24/ Wishlist BS Working

I work on my local server, no uploads, no time to loose.

Hope you can help me with the list. First I was installing addons and then the hard stuff like SEO and so which was not working, now turn on first SEO, everything works except the easy things.

Must be some reason. Checked if the needed code & files where there, all fine.

The two new addons (versions) I used into this shop are Modular Front Page (works) & Featured Products Carousel which was the first carousel did'n work.

The first addon that didn work was Featured Products Module but the version before also refused working & i was thinking the new version should do it.

Have deleting jQuery Owl Carousel & reinstalled it, no luck.

I'm quiet desperate 

Does "SEO" mean a URL rewriter? If so, turn it off or remove it. Those mess up a lot of things, and they do nothing for you.

For the Featured Products module, make certain that you have added some products in the Module Admin. It will not show if there are no products to show.

Regards

Jim