• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Jim,

I can assist by starting with creating modules for each of the sections currently under "nested": Category Name, Message Stack, Category Description, Category Images and New Products, similar to what you have done with Modular Front Page. I was toying with the idea of doing this anyway. What do you think?

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Ajax Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Category Popular Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Front Page New Products Carousel for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Index Nested - Product Listing for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Modular Category Page for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap)
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
NEW Equal Height Module for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrapDownload Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Upcoming Products Modules for osC 2.3.4 (bootstrap) Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Bootstrap Add-ons created by other members
osCommerce Bootstrap Addons and Code

You're welcome to make any modules you want. Most of those should be just a few changes to the Modular Front page module. I'll try to help if you have any questions.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Thanks Jim. Working on it now. For starters, I'll basically just take out what's inside the index.php file for the modules so to match the current functionality and output, and then new modules improving on the existing ones or ones with new features can be added as they are created.

I'll stick it in a separate thread once done.

cheers

My Add-ons
Advanced Cache Control Tool for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Customer Testimonials for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Match Categories in Search Results for osCommerce versions 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Download Support

NEW Australia Post Shipping Modules for osCommerce 2.3.x (non-bootstrap) Download Support
Products Low Stock Report for osC 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support
Twitter Typeahead Autocomplete Search for osCommerce 2.3.4 (bootstrap and non-bootstrap)
Download Support

Assisted Add-ons
Scroll Boxes for osCommerce 2.3.x (bootstrap and non-bootstrap) Download Support

Hi Jim,

thanks very much for your great addons. I used almost all of them, easy to install, clear manual and billions of possibilites.

I just install "Categories Images Content Module (Bootstrap)". Does what I was looking for except the fact that it is also nested (showing) on the index page. Any idea to modify this? I mean that I dont want to see categories on the index page

thanks for support

Kozak

@kymation

​I have installed Categories Images Content Module (Bootstrap).

but now I got the following error in the index.

b.t.w. I use headertags from @Jack_mcs

could this be the problem?

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_description' in 'field list'

select c.categories_id, c.categories_image, cd.categories_description, cd.categories_name from categories_description cd join categories c on (c.categories_id = cd.categories_id) where c.parent_id = '0' and cd.language_id = '1' order by c.sort_order 

[TEP STOP]
Edited by dinopacha

@@dinopacha

Your bootstrap version is not up to date.

My Add-ons

Download Support

Download Support

Assisted Add-ons

Your database needs to be updated. This appears to be a difference between the Bootstrap Gold and Edge versions. Sorry I didn't realize that.

You need to add the categories_description field to the end of the categories_description table. It has a type of Text and a default value of NULL.

If you want to be able to use that field, you will also need the changes to your admin/categories.php. Install the version from the Edge release or compare that to your copy and merge the changes.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

The Categories Images Content Module is designed to show the top-level categories on the front page, so if you don't want that, don't install this module.

Regards

Jim

I found it great because these way I could write something about the categorie.

For computers / laptops it is not a troule that these categories are also be shown on the index page, but for Smartphones it is not want I wish. These categories comes after and when you have 36 or more its to much.

A normal osc shop will be shown as it is, but osc234 makes only 1 column products and you have to scroll through the products on smartphones.

Not what I suspected.

On the normal site 233 I choose to show 99 products on each page, in 234 i have only 20!!. 5 times to click next to se the same products.

In all earlier versions it was much easier to adapt and work with css together with Firefox.

Know with 234bootstrap its toooooo complicated for averaged users to build what they want.

And this all has a name ; SIMPLIFY  

Where is the time from WYSIWYG?

234BS EDGE still has a lot of bugs and I want to help getting it better.

Every version has his pro's and contra's 

@@dinopacha  I'm not that good at writing SQL. Use your database admin tool and the specs I gave and it will work. If you really want to live dangerously, try this:

ALTER TABLE categories_description ADD categories_description text NULL;

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jim. RE: Featured Products Carousel Content Module

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/9439

I'm having a problem getting this addon to display on my front page. I've installed the addon in my admin, enabled it and given it an appropriate sort order. While trying to troubleshoot the problem, I noticed that in the User Manual.pdf file, the instructions say to upload the new files to the following directories:

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php
catalog/includes/modules/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php
catalog/includes/modules/front_page/templates/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php

However, in the zip file, the directory structure has the new files in the content folder, likeso:

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php
catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php
catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php

Which is correct?

FWIW, I did upload the files into the content folder and installed the addon in the "Content" section of admin, as opposed to the "Front Page" section, the way that I installed other addons for the Modular Front page.

Edited by Kelly_Hero

Happiness does not come from doing easy work but from the afterglow of satisfaction that comes after the achievement of a difficult task that demanded our best. --Anonymous

this are the right/correct folder/directories :

catalog/includes/languages/english/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php
catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php
catalog/includes/modules/content/front_page/templates/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php

if you useOTHER languages then English you to upload this also in your other languages folders !!

like ;

catalog/includes/languages/spanish/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php

catalog/includes/languages/german/modules/content/front_page/cm_fp_featured_products_carousel.php

If you dont have featured products you will see NOTHING 

Edited by kozak

@@Kelly_Hero  Older versiions of osCommerce have the files installed in includes/modules/front_page, while newer versions are in includes/modules/content/front_page/. If your version has the content folder, use it. The file structure should match the other files in the Modular Front Page addon.

Thanks for letting me know about the file paths. I'll go fix the manual.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

I made twins of your banner rotator, becose I want 1 begin page & 1 end page.

It works, but not together  :(

Keep swing & everything same to not get problem but have trouble.

you thinky you know what i have done wrong?

gracias Jim for advice

Hola Jim,

did it that way, banner is where i whished (last in frontpage, always above the footer, but the banner funcions only if the first is out of funcion.

So, both working, but not together @ the same time.

Moved search box to footer suffix without problems

Moved banner rotator from front page 2 header also without problems

Now would like to move new products carousel 2 specials.php if possible but have 2 figure out, with some help will fix pronto.

I'm very happy with this shop, much better then osc rival.

thanks 4 having patience Jim

saludos

Camella 

It looks like the CSS is getting confused between the two banner rotators. This is going to require rewriting part of the CSS. You can try making a copy of /ext/jquery/slideshow/slideshow.css and naming it something else. Then change all of the references to .slideshow in that new file to something else, and change the slideshow class in the copy of the module template file to the same new name.

I don't guarantee it, but this may be enough. if it's more than this I won't be able to help.

Regards

Jim

I just looked at the banner rotator code and I think the solution is slightly different.

in the template there is id="rotator" used twice, which is not correct, the javascript function should only find 1 unique id on a page

secondly I think the set_css and set_javascripts should only be added to the footer once, except for the document ready section which should be banner specific

if you can pass along the banner id into the #id in stead of the hardcoded "rotator", I think it would work ...

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt

have several carousels working together al there id=rotator

that's kinda good, but I wouldn't rely on it working on the different browsers.

I'm assuming you duplicated the module - right ?

I suppose you have the same settings for each rotator module,

what happens if you want to change the settings for one of them ?

I'm not sure what would happen, changing both, changing first one, or second one ...

The point is, give them unique "rotator" id values, to distinguish one from the other on the page

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

I do not use the responsive bootstrap version since i coded my responsive version earlier, but i have bought every 28d of code package to support burts effort and keep this forum alive (albeit more like on life support).

So if you are still here ? What are you waiting for ?!

Find the most frequent unique errors to fix:

grep "PHP" php_error_log.txt | sed "s/^.* PHP/PHP/g" |grep "line" |sort | uniq -c | sort -r > counterrors.txt