• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

The jQuery UI 1.9x series is buggy. I suggest that you go back th the 1.8 version shipped with osCommerce 2.3.3 and stay with that until the bugs are fixed.

Since the jQuery team has apparently decided to ignore one important bug, you may need to stay there for a very long time.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

This is why I didn't want to get into this. You'll need to modify the module files as well. Find this in includes/modules/front_page/text_main.php

$body_text .= constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) . PHP_EOL;

and replace it with this

$body_text .= stripslashes( stripslashes( constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) ) ) . PHP_EOL;

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim,

After modifying the code as suggested above I can now also upload images with Ckeditor using text main which was not possible before :thumbsup:

Regards

Joli

To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.

The jQuery UI 1.9x series is buggy. I suggest that you go back th the 1.8 version shipped with osCommerce 2.3.3 and stay with that until the bugs are fixed.

Since the jQuery team has apparently decided to ignore one important bug, you may need to stay there for a very long time.

Regards

Jim

ok i go back to 1.8.22 i did the changes and same thing no banner

what it's more strange even the original banner with oscommerce don't show up in banner manager ..when i click view banner..... the pop up window it's blank page ...i check the img folder and the gif it's there !

ok i go back to 1.8.22 i did the changes and same thing no banner

what it's more strange even the original banner with oscommerce don't show up in banner manager ..when i click view banner..... the pop up window it's blank page ...i check the img folder and the gif it's there !

at last i figure out what was wrong with my banner all the problems was from 1 firefox addon "Adblock plus" but i don't know why this bannner it's detected as add's i don't think this is normally to happen .

I have Adblock Plus installed, but I've never seen this happen. Perhaps your site is on their advertising blacklist.

Regards

Jim

addblock don't block site's ...blocks add's / pop up's , flash banners, etc and my site it's born like 2weeks ago !

Hello,

Thank you for this contrib. So far everything seems to work great. I guess I didn't screw up the installation :)

Two questions, both regarding the scroller:

1) Is it possible to tell it to not scroll products without an image?

2) I would like it to not show products that are sold out.

Thank you for your time and effort, it is not unappreciated.

I am using Modular Front Page 1.3.6, osCommerce 2.3.3, jQuery 1.8.3 and jQuery UI 1.8.23. This is on a XAMPP localhost, XAMPP version 1.8.1 with PHP version 5.4.7.

I have installed Modular Front Page 1.3.6 on osCommerce 2.3.3. The index.php included in the install package is similar, but not the same as, the index.php included in 2.3.3. I took a guess as to where to place the new code. My index.php looked like this after the initial install:

<?php
} else { // default page
// Start Modular Front Page
?>

<div class="contentContainer">

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>

</div>

<?php
// End Modular Front Page
?>

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<div class="contentText">
<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>
</div>

<?php
if (tep_not_null(TEXT_MAIN)) {
?>

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
</div>

<?php
}

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);
include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>

</div>

<?php
}

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');
require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');
?>

Althoug this does work, it places any installed modules above the heading title and the stock osC customer greeting. I would like to just remove the stock osC greeting and use the one provided by your contrib. I'm also trying to center anything placed in the center area of the index page. So, this is what I have changed my index.php to:

<?php
} else { // default page
// Start Modular Front Page
?>

<h1 align="center"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<div align="center" class="contentContainer">
<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>
</div>

<?php
?>

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
</div>

<?php
}

?>

</div>

<?php
}

?>

Trying it out on localhost everything seems to work correctly. However, I don't know if I broke anything without knowing. Does everything look correct to you?

Again, thank you for your assistance.

No, you need to delete a lot more. Take your first try, then get rid of all this:

</div>

<?php
?>

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
</div>

<?php
}

?>

</div>

Regards

Jim

Just replace the images with transparent dots. The controls will be invisible then.

This will annoy some of your customers enough that they will leave without buying anything. Is that what you really want?

Regards

Jim

@@Snarg Sorry, missed your questions.

1. Yes, but that would take some custom code.

2. Yes, and that should be an option. For now it would also require custom code. I'll add this when I get the time.

Regards

Jim

@@Snarg Sorry, missed your questions.

1. Yes, but that would take some custom code.

2. Yes, and that should be an option. For now it would also require custom code. I'll add this when I get the time.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim, looking forward to updates.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, it's possible to write a Manufacturer's scroller. There is nothing available that I know of, and you're the only person who's asked for this, so it looks like it's up to you.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jim,

Thanks for your Contrib. I installed modular frontpage but none of it is showing up. All the modules show up in the list and are installable and customizable,but do not show on the front page. Index.php is edited correctly, but I think it might be due to my theme. The theme I am using is goodtheme I'm not sure if there is somewhere I should be looking to figure out what is conflicting or what information you would need to help me with this issue.

Here is my Index.php, i'm such a novice at this code is there any advice or anything you see that could be blocking the addon from working?

<?php
/*
 $Id$
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2010 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
 require('includes/application_top.php');
// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $categories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($categories_products['total'] > 0) {
  $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
  $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
  $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
  if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
    $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
  } else {
    $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
  }
   }
 }
 require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');
 if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
<h1><?php echo $category['categories_name']; ?></h1>
   <table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
  $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
  for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
    $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
    $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
    if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
	  // do nothing, go through the loop
    } else {
	  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
	  break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
    }
  }
   } else {
  $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }
   $number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);
   $rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
  $rows++;
  $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
  $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
  echo '	    <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br />' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
  if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
    echo '	  </tr>' . "\n";
    echo '	  <tr>' . "\n";
  }
   }
// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
  </tr>
   </table>
   <br />
<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?>
 </div>
</div>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
					 'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);
   asort($define_list);
   $column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
  if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }
   $select_column_list = '';
   for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
  switch ($column_list[$i]) {
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	  $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	  $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	  $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
	  break;
  }
   }
// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
    $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
  } else {
// We show them all
    $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
  }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
  if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
    $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
  } else {
// We show them all
    $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
  }
   }
   if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!preg_match('/^[1-8][ad]$/', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
    if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
	  $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
	  $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
	  break;
    }
  }
   } else {
  $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
  $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
  switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
    case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
	  $listing_sql .= " order by final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
	  break;
  }
   }
   $catname = HEADING_TITLE;
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']) && !empty($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name as catname from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $catname = $image['catname'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
  $image = tep_db_query("select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
  $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
  $catname = $image['catname'];
   }
?>
<h1><?php echo $catname; ?></h1>
<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
    $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
  } else {
    $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
  }
  $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
  if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
    echo '<div>' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . '<p align="right">' . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
    } else {
	  echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
	  $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
    }
    echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
    while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
	  $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
    }
    echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
    echo tep_hide_session_id() . '</p></form></div>' . "\n";
  }
   }
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING);
?>
</div>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
 </div>
<?php
?>
   <?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>
 </div>
<?php
   }
?>
</div>
<?php
 }
?>

It looks like you haven't made any of the changes to that file. Try using the one that ships with this addon.

Regards

Jim

• 2 weeks later...