• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

I've uploaded a new version to the Addons section. The file is also available from my server until the official upload is approved.

This release fixes a bug in the Banner Rotator that kept it from working when Theme Switcher was installed, but only sometimes. I hate it when that happens. Anyway, there are upgrade instructions if you need to fix an existing install.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi Jim,

Just I installed the update following the instructions, after that images showed up, but control didn´t work.

Although I followed the instructions and everything seemed to be fine, I did one thing not in the instruccions, I copied and overwrite my catalog/ext/modules/front_page/banner_rotaror files with the same files from your update and wow, its worked!!

Thanks a lot for every help that you gave me.

Edo.

Edited by elara

The external files in this release were the exact same files in the previous release, so there must have been something wrong with one of yours. Glad to hear you got it working.

Regards

Jim

If I add simple text it will allow you to go back and edit the text.

If I add text with HTML the module will not let me go back and re exit the text. Gives this error message

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /hermes/bosweb/web013/b138/nf.kg4ena/public_html/home/admin/modules.php(237) : eval()'d code on line 1

If I uninstall module and reinstall the module re-add the text and save it is ok.

It the same for me, I have double checked to make sure I dont have any ' or " in my text or HTML

I know of only one thing that will cause that error, and that is an unescaped single quote/apostrophe. I would very much like to know what else you did that would cause that.

You could try uninstalling the problem module and reinstalling it.

Regards

Jim

Add a backslash in front of it, as: \'

In some cases you may need three backslashes: \\\'

Try it and see what works in this case.

Regards

Jim

This is a known problem with osCommerce modules. The fix requires modifying the core code to add the slashes automatically, then modifying the modules to remove them when needed. I just need to find the time to fix all of the modules and get a new version up. Someday....

Regards

Jim

Hi, I have a little problem in the latest version of this fantastic contribution, if I configure my shop in English all work well, but if I change it to Spanish (espanol), and install the special module show the next message:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SPECIALS_FRONT_TITLE_ESPANOL in C:\Servidor Web\www\PROGRESO\includes\modules\front_page\specials.php on line 66

I "solve" it addin to my (includes/languages/espanol/modules/front_page/specials.php

define( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SPECIALS_FRONT_TITLE_ESPANOL', 'Ofertas.' );

¿Is correct this solution?, I don´t have xperience in php. Or have other best solution.

Thanks.

I have problems with banners url. I add url to banner and when I go to front page and click the banner it doesn't redirect me anywhere. It only refresh the front page..

Banner's url where it should go: http://www.domain.co...?products_id=13

Link in front page is: http://www.domain.co...?products_id=13

What I do wrong?

Edited by sedemik

Hi, I have a little problem in the latest version of this fantastic contribution, if I configure my shop in English all work well, but if I change it to Spanish (espanol), and install the special module show the next message: Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SPECIALS_FRONT_TITLE_ESPANOL in C:\Servidor Web\www\PROGRESO\includes\modules\front_page\specials.php on line 66 I "solve" it addin to my (includes/languages/espanol/modules/front_page/specials.php define( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SPECIALS_FRONT_TITLE_ESPANOL', 'Ofertas.' ); ¿Is correct this solution?, I don´t have xperience in php. Or have other best solution. Thanks.

Did you install your Spanish language after you installed the module? Like the instructions say, you need to uninstall and reinstall the module.

Regards

Jim

I have problems with banners url. I add url to banner and when I go to front page and click the banner it doesn't redirect me anywhere. It only refresh the front page.<snip>

Probably a malformed URL. It's impossible to tell more without a link to the site.

Regards

Jim

Hello, I have the same problem in banner rotator version 1.3.1(don´t open the redirect link), I don´t know if this is problem of Banner rotator or the redirect.php (diferent english language, but only one language espanol), y sove it temporality:

find near the line 65 in catalog/includes/modules/front_page/banner_rotator.php

$body_text .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=banner&goto=' . $banner['banners_url']) . '" target="_self">';

to

$body_text .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link($banner['banners_url']) . '">';

(this is the line of the old version of modular front page that work well (don´t see the stadistics), but worlk.

I don´t programmer but is the solution that i Find.

And in older post I say that the specials module in this contribution don´t work well, I desinstall and re install module ant this continue with the same "little problem".

Thanks

PD: Sorry for my "bad" english

Hi,

I've a problem with the special module, which is the only module I'd like to install.

I have installed the dutch language, and set it as default.

Now i get the error:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SPECIALS_FRONT_TITLE_DUTCH in /home/xxx/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/specials.php on line 66

I copied the language folders in a new folder "dutch" the same as the normal language folder is named. Where do i have to change this so the message doesn't show anymore?

In the admin I can enter a title for dutch and english, but somewhere it's messed up.

line 66:

if( constant( 'MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_SPECIALS_FRONT_TITLE_' . strtoupper( $language ) ) != '') {

Hi, Jim!

I have a similar problem with the Text_Main module (the first one with language localization that I installed)

The language, Portuguese, was already installed on my OSC, I uploaded all relevant modules to the language folders, and I get the following error:

Warning: constant() [function.constant]: Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_PORTUGUES in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/includes/modules/front_page/text_main.php on line 39

I uninstalled the module, installed it again, and still the prob persists - what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Look in your database, in the configuration table -- there should be an entry with a key of MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_PORTUGUES. If it is not there, search for any entry like MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_% and see if there is anything similar.

Is your language installed as portugues? That spelling doesn't look right to me, but I don't know that language. Your language may be installed incorrectly. The module reads the list of installed languages to build the text entries, so an installation error in the language means the entry would not be found for that language.

If your language install is from this Addon, you should know that it contains hacker code that needs to be cleaned.

Regards

Jim

Jim, thanks for your response!

No, I did not use the addon you pointed out. I used another addon that only installed the store side of the language, not the Admin - would that make a difference?

If not, where/how do I look up that configuration table you referred? Sorry, but I am a newbie at this....

Thanks again

Use your host's database admin tool. I don't know what your host uses, but most of them use phpMyAdmin. Look in your hosting admin panel, or ask your host for help with their tools.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Using phpMyAdmin, I was able to locate this entry

MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_PORTUGUESE

the "portugues" (without the e at the end) is the name of the folder where the language pack is located

Should I just edit the entry on the database and delete the e at the end?

IP.S. - Actually I see two entries with that value)

Edited by adelgado

That would work as a temporary solution. The correct way to handle this would be to fix the spelling of the directory name and change the entry in the languages table to match.

This is not the only language Addon that installs incorrectly. Unfortunately the module code has no way of knowing this.

Multiple entries in the database can cause problems. I suggest that you uninstall the module and reinstall it. If you still have duplicate entries, all but one of the entries should be deleted by hand.

Regards

Jim