• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

You need to change all of the constants in the copy, and change every place that featured shows up. Then it should work. It's a good idea to change the constant definitions in the language file so you can tell the two apart, but that's not essential.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Jim, I love this contribution . I'm having trouble combining the index.php from your contribution and that of Header Tags SEO. When you have time could you please merge the two if not too much trouble. I'm just learning PHP but I've been a member for a year and I've combined alot of codes but not sure on this one. Your help is very much appreciated. Here are the three conflicts I've come across. There are other lines that have to be merged but do not have differences between the two files. Thanks Bob

//Front Page Line 39 $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

//SEO Line 39 $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, cd.categories_htc_title_tag, cd.categories_htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"

============================================================================================================

//Front Page Line Line 196

$catname = HEADING_TITLE;

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name as catname from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);

$catname = $image['catname'];

} elseif ($current_category_id) {

$image = tep_db_query("select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$catname = $image['catname'];

}

?>

<h1><?php echo $catname; ?></h1>

<div class="contentContainer">

//SEO Line 211

/*** Begin Header Tags SEO ***/

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {

$image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image, manufacturers_name as catname from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

$db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

} elseif ($current_category_id) {

$image = tep_db_query("select c.categories_image, cd.categories_name as catname from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

}

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);

?>

<h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1>

<?php /*** End Header Tags SEO ***/ ?>

================================================================================================================

//Front Page Line 242</div>

<?php

} else { // default page

// Start Modular Front Page

?>

<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>

</div>

<?php

// End Modular Front Page

}

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_bottom.php');

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

//SEO Line 265</div>

<!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

<?php if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true')

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'header_tags_social_bookmarks.php');

?>

<!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

<?php

} else { // default page

?>

<h1><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?>

</div>

<?php

if (tep_not_null(TEXT_MAIN)) {

?>

<div class="contentText">

<?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?>

</div>

<?php

}

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS);

// <!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true') {

}

// <!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);

?>

</div>

<?php

}

?>

=====================================================================================================

Only the last one is a real conflict, and that's easy to fix. The last part should look like this:

} else { // default page
// Start Modular Front Page
?>
<?php echo $oscTemplate->getBlocks('front_page'); ?>
</div>
<?php
// End Modular Front Page
}

// <!--- BEGIN Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->
if (HEADER_TAGS_DISPLAY_SOCIAL_BOOKMARKS == 'true') {
}
// <!--- END Header Tags SEO Social Bookmarks -->

?>

The other changes you posted above should be made according to Header Tags SEO.

Note that the Header Tags Social Bookmarks part is not really a module, so it will always be at the bottom of the page. If you want to use it as a Front Page module, you'll have to convert header_tags_social_bookmarks.php to a module.

Also note that you could have saved a lot of work using Modular SEO Header Tags instead of Header Tags SEO. Oh well.

Regards

Jim

It's up to you. Modular SEO Header Tags is a set of 2.3.1 modules, so there's very few changes to existing files. However, it is only header tags, so you'll need to get your social bookmarks from a separate Addon. Fortunately there's a number of those.

Regards

Jim

Hello all,

First of all, thank you so much for this great addon! I like especially the scroller and banner rotator.

Just a simple question. Where can I change the color of the scroller border? What file? I've searched around, but cannot find.

Thanks,

yadetar

In catalog/includes/modules/front_page/scroller, Line 136:

$header .= '  border: 1px solid #000;' . "\n";

It's standard CSS.

Regards

Jim

Hi

First thank you for a really perfect add-on very nice also the instruction manual perfect.

After installing I got everything working perfectly but I have also installed KISS_Error_Handling_Debugging and when I enable specials on front page its show one error do you know where the problem can be?

Thanks and again great.

Error Handling:

E_NOTICE Error Count: 4

Error: Undefined index: tax_id

File: includes/modules/front_page/specials.php

Line: 89

That's an error on my part. Change Line 89 to this:

$products_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($specials_products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($specials_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

Regards

Jim

That's an error on my part. Change Line 89 to this:

$products_price .= '<span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($specials_products['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($specials_products['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

Regards

Jim

Thank You

Works like a Charm

Hi Jim

Found another error on home page when I change language its show this error

Error Handling:

E_WARNING Error Count: 1

Error: constant(): Couldn't find constant MODULE_FRONT_PAGE_TEXT_MAIN_CZECH

File: includes/modules/front_page/text_main.php

Line: 47

Greecom

That happens when you install a new language after installing this module, or when you have a language that is improperly installed.

Regards

Jim

That happens when you install a new language after installing this module, or when you have a language that is improperly installed.

Regards

Jim

WOW you are fast

thanks for that fast replay

Jim,

I need some advice. I've followed all the install directions and everything seems to be working properly as far as the install goes. I'm one of those guys that read instructions but need examples for the instructions to make sense.My web site involves selling photographs of actors and I've uploaded over 5000 of them. The way I've designed the site my first category breaks them down by "afpha order" ie "Actor H"; the second category is by name say "Hanks,T" and then I might have 10 photographs of Tom Hanks in various movies. To upload all these photographs I copied and pasted in the db so basicly they all have the same info in the product name and description ie 1 photo would say Tom Hanks<br>Movie:Forrest Gump<br>Co-Star: Sally Fields then I have a reference photo with a heading of Sally Fields <br>Movie:Forrest Gump<br>Co-Star: Tom Hanks which would be under the "Actor F category sub category "Fields,S". I could have another photograph (product) that would have the identical name and description only with a different item number because its a different picture even though it too may have Fields and Hanks in the photo also. When I run the "Test" these are the errors that kick back in the hundreds. Should I just eliminate the tags for all products and just tag the "Actor H" and "Hanks,T" categories and if so what would the step by step procedure be? Thanks so much for your help and quick response. Your the first person I've come across that gives this kind of help so fast. Thanks again ....Bob

Test Results

Duplicate title found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Duplicate meta description found: explain

for English

exists more than once.

Missing Title and/or descriptions: explain

I'm not sure what you're asking here. If it's duplicate meta tags, you need to install something like Modular SEO Header Tags and use the Insert modules to add your own tags. Or you could fix your page titles and descriptions to be more unique. The meta tag addons have their own support threads, so you should ask there.

Regards

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the fast reply.I'll go back and re-read the instructions again. Maybe it might sink in.This SEO stuff is much more complicated than I need it to be. I just don't know enough about it to communicate it properly. Sorry for wasting your time....Bob

Hi,

Thanks for the great addon!

Works fine, but I have a little problem.

In the special box on the front page, the original price displayed in gross but the special price in net.

Can you help me, how do I change this?

Thanks

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

could someone help please. i have searched this thread for the answer but i could not find it. maybe because it is so obvious.

i installed this sometime ago and when i started to have a play it re-arranged all my index. by this i mean that if say i chose customer greeting = true. that would not remove the original customer greeting and just add it at the bottom of the screen. in fact it seems to do this to all the modules that this add-on has. the scroll is on there at the moment but it looks fine at the bottom.

any help?

please tell me if i dont make sence, i ramble most of the time.

sorry to bother you again but i have downloaded winmerge. very useful tool. i have gone throught the idex and made the changes required but my index now looks like this.

www.vanity-flai-uk.com

could you please tell me where my left column is and why my right column is at the bottom.

sorry for sounding like a novice.

thanks for you help tho. i can see this as being very easy to use(once i have it set up)

haha, i have found that when i enable the customer greeting the left and right columns change.

Edited by gshutzy