• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

You remove the first occurrence, not the second.

Regards

Jim

:huh: The other post said the one on line 88 I think was the one showing on the front page & the one on line 265 was for the categories page. I understand that the module has now taken control of the front page one, but the first one is still there & the mod replaces the second one. Just trying to understand the workings a little & not just do.

I will give it a go. :D

btw the gallery I was going to try & do a module for is file based & not databased. Do you think this is still possible/harder or easier? I was going to call random images & have it like the specials/new products module on the front page. I have it on the page now, so can look at it when I find a little time & a few brain cells :lol:

Thanks

The other post is wrong.

If the code works now, it can be converted to a module. I don't know how difficult it will be to do that.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

The other post is wrong.

If the code works now, it can be converted to a module. I don't know how difficult it will be to do that.

Regards

Jim

:lol: ok I commented out the FIRST & now I only have it on the front page thanks

Don't understand what you mean next though? I know using this gallery on MS2.2 it can be shown on the front page in a module if that is what you mean? eg here See at the bottom & it changes when you refresh.

Just gave this a go and everything was going fine until I started sorting the order of the modules. At first there were no issues, I reloaded the main site each time I changed a "0" to a number and gradually everything fell into place, but as I reloaded for the final time I was faced with the following error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') order by rand() limit ' at line 13

select p.products_id, p.products_image, pd.products_name from products p join products_description pd on pd.products_id = p.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id in () order by rand() limit 20

[TEP STOP]

I tried re-sorting the modules but can't seem to get rid of the error...the banner rotator module has a reference to "rand" in its settings, could that be the cause? I did use that setting though, I left it at "banners_id"... :-/

Thanks in advance,

LJ

This could be either the Scroller or the Featured Products module. There is a bug in the code that loses the product settings if you update the module settings. I suppose I should at least check for this condition. Anyway, just setting some products in whichever module you are using will fix the error.

Regards

Jim

Please assist keep getting the following errors when I try to add modules

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

and when I try to Add Scroller module I get this:Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php:38) in /home/execgift/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

and then when I try to edit I get this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function tep_cfg_pull_down_products() in /home/execgift/public_html/admin/modules.php(232) : eval()'d code on line 1

Warning: include_once(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/execgift/public_html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

I am dying to use this feature on my website please assist

Edited by RobynW

Check you have copied all the files to your server, and that they are in the correct place. These sort of errors could be due to missing languages files.

Hi,

Have checked and checked and triple checked and all files are there 5 of the modules installed are working but scroller, banner rotator, Featured products, New products and upcoming products are not working same sort of errors. Please bear with me I am new to this and do not have a clue how to rectify?

The first error says that includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php is missing. The rest of the errors are a result of that missing file.

Regards

Jim

This could be either the Scroller or the Featured Products module. There is a bug in the code that loses the product settings if you update the module settings. I suppose I should at least check for this condition. Anyway, just setting some products in whichever module you are using will fix the error.

Regards

Jim

Turns out it was the Scroller module. I'd still had the stock category/products listed on the site so deleted them all and added my own including a temp fake product (which I'll replace when I've made my own) and added it to the scroller and the site's back up and running.

Thanks for the help Jim! :thumbsup:

The first error says that includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php is missing. The rest of the errors are a result of that missing file.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

Is this the admin file as per the user manual catalog/admin/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php if so the file is definately there.

Edited by RobynW

Sorry, I should have looked at that closer. It appears that the system is looking for that file on the catalog side when the file is actually on the admin side. This probably means that DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS is not defined correctly in your admin/includes/configure.php, or something else in that file is mis-configured. There's a good guide to configuration files here.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

Is this the admin file as per the user manual catalog/admin/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php if so the file is definately there.There is no file for catalog/includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php in the download and in the user manual instructions.

Sorry, I should have looked at that closer. It appears that the system is looking for that file on the catalog side when the file is actually on the admin side. This probably means that DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS is not defined correctly in your admin/includes/configure.php, or something else in that file is mis-configured. There's a good guide to configuration files here.

Regards

Jim

Thank you so much will have a look.

Thank you so much will have a look.

Sorry for this but do not have a clue where I am going wrong my Configure files are below please assist

<?php

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://execgifts.co.za');

define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://execgifts.co.za');

define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://execgifts.co.za');

define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false');

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/execgift/public_html/');

define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/admin/');

define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/execgift/public_html/admin/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/execgift/public_html/');

define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');

define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');

define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');

define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');

define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');

define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');

define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');

define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

I may be missing something, but that looks right to me. Is that file from admin/includes/configure.php? Is there a file located at admin/includes/local/configure.php?

Regards

Jim

I may be missing something, but that looks right to me. Is that file from admin/includes/configure.php? Is there a file located at admin/includes/local/configure.php?

Regards

Jim

This is the admin/includes/configure.php file Not sure what you asking with regards to is there a file located at admin/includes/local/configure.php

This is the admin/includes/configure.php file Not sure what you asking with regards to is there a file located at admin/includes/local/configure.php

Sorry bear with me am not the brightest there is a read me file located in admin/includes/local/configure.php as below not sure what to do though

This directory contains local configuration information.

It also must contain a file named configure.php that can be used to override

the defaults set in application_top.php

Remember to execute PHP commands the file needs to start with <?php and end with ?>

Look in admin/includes/local/. Is there a configure.php in that directory?

Regards

Jim

there is a read me file located in admin/includes/local/configure.php as below not sure what to do though

This directory contains local configuration information.

It also must contain a file named configure.php that can be used to override

the defaults set in application_top.php

Remember to execute PHP commands the file needs to start with <?php and end with ?>

Verify that you are using version 1.2.6 of this Addon. If you are, I'm stuck. This should work.

Regards

Jim

Hi,

Yes I am using version 1.2.6 as I said there is only a read me file in the admin/includes/local should I put a configure file in there?? or am I grasping at straws