• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon} Modular Front Page

kymation

Hi,

I now have the 1.2 version and everything is working great. I would like to see a module that shows manufacturers on the front page. I sell electrical components and having a search by manufacturer would be a great enhancement

I've never seen that before. Is there an Addon that yo know of for a Manufacturer's search? I could probably come up with something, but I'm in the middle of another project right now and don't have much time to spare.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

Hi,

I now have the 1.2 version and everything is working great. I would like to see a module that shows manufacturers on the front page. I sell electrical components and having a search by manufacturer would be a great enhancement

What's wrong with the one that is included with OSC

I knew someone was going to ask that. This is a completely modular system, with (currently) 10 modules, each of which has up to 30 different settings, and each setting has anywhere from two to thousands of possible values. So, lessee, carry the two ... I think we can safely say that there are billions of different ways this could look. So, are you going to provide the storage for those billions of screenshots? And the team of dedicated testers to spend the next several years producing them? No? Too bad.... :-" :'( :(

Regards

Jim

Not what I was asking for. No need for billions of screen shots, Just one link to one site that has this add-on in place would do just fine.

Just want to get a feel for what this add-on offers in the most generic, out of the box way.

PS: There are a lot of free image hostings at your disposal these days so no worries about the storage, http://www.google.ca/search?q=free+image+host

Santa's little freelancer

Yes, I know about image hosting. I have my own hosting account, so I could put some there. What you are still missing is the fact that this is a highly flexible, modular system, with literally millions of possible configurations. So which one do you want?

OK, here. Just to stop this for all time. It can look like this. That's just one of the possibilities, of course, but that's the one you get.

Regards

Jim

Hi there,

All the functions appear to be working fine with the exception of the Scroller and Featured modules, each time you clk [install Module] from Front Page , the following error is listed at the top of the screen

Warning: featured(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.featured]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: featured() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.9-2/share/pear') in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: scroller(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.scroller]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38

Warning: scroller() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.9-2/share/pear') in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/scroller.php on line 38[/i]

The rest of the module appears to load below, but when you try to install "Featured"

You get

Warning: featured(includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php) [function.featured]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: featured() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/functions/modules/front_page/featured.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php-4.4.9-2/share/pear') in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php on line 39

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/includes/modules/front_page/featured.php:39) in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/tfxstoreadmin/includes/functions/general.php on line 34

When you try to install "Scroller" , you get the same error above with "Scroller.php" instead. When I looked in the folder listed above , I found featured.php , but not scroller.php

further, trying to load the module "Banner Rotator" , errors below:

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/tfxstoreadmin/modules.php on line 227

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /nfs/c06/h01/mnt/88348/domains/store.trainingfx.com/html/tfxstoreadmin/modules.php on line 228

Looking at the line 38 and 39 in featured and scroller respectively shows the same line of code " include_once( DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'modules/front_page/featured.php');"

All the other modules except these three load perfectly.

Thanks

Anthony

Hello, thanks for the great module!

I have a small problem, not sure if I have done something wrong.

I am getting a javascript error when using the banner rotator function, its pointing at this code

<script type="text/javascript"> 
 jQuery(document).ready(function(){
   bannerRotator('#bannerRotator', 500,  4000 );
 });
</script>

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong or what is causing this?

The other modules seem to all be working fine...........

Hello, thanks for the great module!

I have a small problem, not sure if I have done something wrong.

I am getting a javascript error when using the banner rotator function, its pointing at this code

<script type="text/javascript"> 
 jQuery(document).ready(function(){
   bannerRotator('#bannerRotator', 500,  4000 );
 });
</script>

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong or what is causing this?

The other modules seem to all be working fine...........

OK I have found the problem

There is a small error in this file

catalog/includes/modules/front_page/banner_rotator.php

Change on line 36 / 37

$header = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/modules/banner_rotator/stylesheet.css" />' . "\n";
$header .= '<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/modules/banner_rotator/bannerRotator.js"></script>' . "\n";

to

$header = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/modules/front_page/banner_rotator/stylesheet.css" />' . "\n";
$header .= '<script type="text/javascript" src="ext/modules/front_page/banner_rotator/bannerRotator.js"></script>' . "\n";

Hope this helps....

Edited by mongoled

Another correction

catalog/includes/modules/front_page/categories_images.php

Line 122

$header = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/modules/categories_images/stylesheet.css" />' . "\n";

to

$header = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ext/modules/front_page/categories_images/stylesheet.css" />' . "\n";

<snipped>

Thanks

Anthony

You didn't upload the files in admin/includes/functions/.

Regards

Jim

Banner rotator module does a weird thing in IE6

http://www.glasswindowscyprus.com/catalog/index.php

Havnt worked out what is causing it yet.........

Thanks for the bug fixes. Apparently I uploaded the wrong files again. I'll go fix that in a minute.

IE6 has poor support for CSS. I'd be quite surprised if the banner rotator worked correctly. I'll see what I can do, but don't expect any miracles.

Regards

Jim

Thanks for the bug fixes. Apparently I uploaded the wrong files again. I'll go fix that in a minute.

IE6 has poor support for CSS. I'd be quite surprised if the banner rotator worked correctly. I'll see what I can do, but don't expect any miracles.

Regards

Jim

Ive resolved this, had to change a few things, you want to see what I did?

Edited by mongoled

Yes, please post your changes or send them to me. I'll add the fix to the new version. Thanks for working on this.

Regards

Jim

Hi, I was going to post what ive done, but something strange has happened.

Last night before I finshed work, the banner rotator was working fine and displaying across all browsers.

This morning it is gone from all browsers!

The banner rotator seems to not being 'pulled in' as when I check the source code class contentContainer is empty.

If I enable some other modules from the front_page contrib it loads fine in the contentContainer.

What could have caused this?

The last thing I installed was Ultimate_SEO_URLSv22d_10, but the banner rotator was working after I installed this.

Any pointers to what I should be looking at?

This morning I have been reversing all the changes I made yesterday, but have not been able to get the banner rotator to appear again in the source!

Very perplexing..............

Edited by mongoled

I am completely stumped!

Cannot find out what is causing this!

Something funny had happend to the the security attributes of the test_banner_1.png file, so re-uploaded it, hoping the problem would be resolved, but nope.

I dont know what else to try, other than deleting the domain in the CP, re-uploading, and trying again......

Oh my, I cant get my head around this!

I deleted the domain, uploaded untouched source code for 2.3.1, configured everything, then uploaded the modular front page files.

Setup the banners in the banner manger

and its still not working.............

What on earth could be causing this, must be server side problem but dont know why, and wht would I be looking at?

Oh my, I cant get my head around this!

I deleted the domain, uploaded untouched source code for 2.3.1, configured everything, then uploaded the modular front page files.

Setup the banners in the banner manger

and its still not working.............

What on earth could be causing this, must be server side problem but dont know why, and wht would I be looking at?

I saw your banner working yesterday and thus was waiting for you to put the solution up as I was having the exactly same problem and still am (www.duckyi.com) I have noticed as you have that when I activate the banner the scroller seems to disable itself and not scroll but when you deactivate the banner it starts scrolling again - any idea why?

I saw your banner working yesterday and thus was waiting for you to put the solution up as I was having the exactly same problem and still am (www.duckyi.com) I have noticed as you have that when I activate the banner the scroller seems to disable itself and not scroll but when you deactivate the banner it starts scrolling again - any idea why?

Hi, from what you have described it sounds like that the banner rotator is causing a javascript error, hence the reason that the scroller isnt working.

Did u check the fix I wrote about here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/367042-addon-modular-front-page/page__st__40__p__1549133#entry1549133

That should correct your javascript problem......

Hi, from what you have described it sounds like that the banner rotator is causing a javascript error, hence the reason that the scroller isnt working.

Did u check the fix I wrote about here

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/367042-addon-modular-front-page/page__st__40__p__1549133#entry1549133

That should correct your javascript problem......

Thank you - I feel so silly now (so blind) - but it seems to have fixed the error for the slider and banner everything seems to be working (touch wood)

Thank you - I feel so silly now (so blind) - but it seems to have fixed the error for the slider and banner everything seems to be working (touch wood)

Am glad the solution worked for you.

I have now spent 8 hrs troubleshooting my problem, but nothing nada.

Will have to reboot the server later on tonight in the hope that this will be resolved, as as things stand, I cannot for the life of me fathom whats going on!

Once I have resolved my issues, will post my IE6 fix + some other CSS alterations

Edited by mongoled

Am glad the solution worked for you.

I have now spent 8 hrs troubleshooting my problem, but nothing nada.

Will have to reboot the server later on tonight in the hope that this will be resolved, as as things stand, I cannot for the life of me fathom whats going on!

Once I have resolved my issues, will post my IE6 fix + some other CSS alterations

Reboot has not resolved the issue, I am LOST, waaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......................................

You didn't upload the files in admin/includes/functions/.

Regards

Jim

Hi Jim , thanks for the quick reply. I checked the folder and the featured.php is there. However my admin console is loaded in 'tfxstoreadmin' instead of the typical 'admin' root folder, so the path to the 'featured.php' is tfxstoreadmin/includes/functions/featured.php , I am not sure if this would make a difference.

The next most likely explanation is that your configure.php files are misconfigured, probably as a result of moving the Admin. There's a thread here for help with the configure files.

regards

Jim