• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Donation feature or contribution

newtech

I am needing the following. I do not see a contribution for this feature and do not see a way to do this.

I am with a non-profit organization that would like visitors to our store have the ability to make donations to our organization for any amount. Currently we have created 'donation products'. All we do is create donation products for $10, $20, $50, etc. We would like to still have these because it can encourage individuals to click on a certain donation amount. However, it also brings limitations to donations. We would like to have a product that allows individuals to enter a dollar amount for the product themselves. Any ideas? I am surprised there is not something like this by now.

I did notice a contrib where a customer can enter a dollar amount for a donation but it is not put in their total order (it is assumed that the store will make the donation). Wonder if anyone would know how to edit this contrib to make it work so that the dollar amount they enter is added to the order total. I can't remember if it is the Donations or Charity contrib.

• 1 month later...

Come on, I can't believe as long as ocommmerce has been around that there is not some kind of contrib for people to go to an oscommerce store and be able to enter a dollar amount to make a donation. It cannot be that hard. Help!!!! For a fair price I will pay for such a contrib.

Hi Burt,

No, I didn't look into the actual coding structure, just seen that there are some available that might work, or could be used as a template to create a newer module.

Chris

Burt: I watched the youtube, it is not exactly what I need but would be great for now. So, I am confused. Where is the link to the contrib?

osCommerce is an ecommerce solution, not a mechanism for donating. So, actually, not many people need the ability to add a dollar amount instead of a product, hence why it's never been coded up?.

I don't totally agree with that assessment. There are many organizations that use OsCommerce for an ecommerce solution, that also would like to take donations.

There are many requests on this site. Most just give up since they are left hanging with no response. I am being more persistent. The reason I have posted at different locations is I am hoping that whoever posted in the past maybe found a solution and they are watching their post and will respond when I ask if they found a solution.

Anyways I like what I saw on the youtube video. How do I get it?

BTW I tried 6659. It messes up my shopping cart when other items are later added to the cart.

Paying is fine if affordable. I understand. So what is the cost?

What is the cost if it is fine tuned (not sure if it is possible).

I have three causes so I would like three causees they could donate to. They could choose to enter an amount to 1 or all 3 of the causes.

BTW. Yes charities and non-profits make money. But some like ours, barely make it. I donate tons and tons of hours, personal finances, etc. to keep ours running because the people we reach out to have nothing. I do not get paid for what I do.

We give out free books on our site with suggested donations. Almost everyone gets them for free when I know some could pay. So I do know what it is like to give and give and everyone takes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Think I posted this in the wrong forum before,, so..

Having searched everywhere for a oscommerse contribution or donations modification I decided to do it myself. And very successfully I might add. This was not an easy task and I can see why there does not appear to be one.

To see this modification use this link. Enter any donation amount. Take it all the way to where you would add a credit card. :) make a donation if you’d like. Notes: You can add as many items as you want to the shopping cart and add a donation as well. The modification uses sessions and database calls.

http://www.rickamatolive.com/donations.html

As much as I love and appreciate Open Source Coding, I do not have the time to make this a formal contribution. I code for all the major eCommerce packages. If your interested in applying this to your site. Contact me thru the forums section here.

Greg