• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Constructive Criticism Welcome

wrequine

Hi all,

I think I am ready for some constructive help. Anyone care to take a look?

My Store

I have been having quite a few abandoned carts all of a sudden(several per week the last two weeks), so if you see any reason that might be happening, please let me know. I also would enjoy feedback regarding SEO, security, and of course, general design.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing.

Hi,

My comments are:

I dont like the big orange questions bubble - it hides part of your page and I found it quite annoying.

Also I found your add to cart process hard to use - When I added an item to the cart I didnt know that I had, and ended up adding it 3 times before I saw the cart tab at the top. Consider taking a customer to the cart when he adds an item. I also struggled to find the checkout button.

Just my comments.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I think I am ready for some constructive help. Anyone care to take a look?

My Store

I have been having quite a few abandoned carts all of a sudden(several per week the last two weeks), so if you see any reason that might be happening, please let me know. I also would enjoy feedback regarding SEO, security, and of course, general design.

Thanks, and looking forward to hearing.

I just wanted to ask what browser are you using because in the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer the site has quite a few visual errors ?

Just a small bit of advise would be to make sure you test your store in all the major browsers because every single visitor to your website is a potential customer.

I just wanted to ask what browser are you using because in the latest versions of Firefox and Internet Explorer the site has quite a few visual errors ?

Just a small bit of advise would be to make sure you test your store in all the major browsers because every single visitor to your website is a potential customer.

I use and test in both IE and Firefox. I haven't seen any visual errors on my end, and none of my customers or clients have ever said anything about problems with the site. Can you pm with any examples?

Hi,I am new so I am in no way trying to give pro advice, but I looked at your site as if I were a customer and my first thought was that your product was Riding lessons or a place people go to get a guided tour on horses.

Maybe it was the combination of photos on your main age especially the middle one.Perhaps if you centered and changed the font on "Quality, Affordable Equestrian Tack and Apparel" to something more..BAM!

You know so people immediately know that your selling horse supplies not horse riding. They say visitors make their opinions in the first few seconds of visiting a site so you wanna be sure they see "supplies"

also the link "just for dogs" is over the border line.

good luck

Tom

I use and test in both IE and Firefox. I haven't seen any visual errors on my end, and none of my customers or clients have ever said anything about problems with the site. Can you pm with any examples?

Hi yes sorry about the delay I'll pm you some examples. Btw customers will never say anything unless you ask them through customer service feedback methods etc. It's upto us as the administrators and owners of our stores to make sure they look the part for our customers.

• 1 month later...

Nice work dude!

Although.... maybe in the footer section you got lost or something... i assume is the result of choosing not to use columns...

Besides... your site is not secured.... secure it or get someone to do it for you... that is constructive...

You should also check on design templates to get a better idea of "Information Distribution" of a well designed site...

Regards!

Providing Ecommerce & CRM Solutions since 1995

Vote my post up if you found it usefull

Mathew,

In this case, Procommerce is correct. Your site HAS been hacked.

These hacker files can be found in the /images directory:

# goog1e163c1aaa8ecc7d.php

# goog1e7c482112c14743.php

# goog1ebd4ecd84a7c976.php

# goog1ed18659775314a4.php

You need to .htaccess password protect your website, look for malicious code and more anomalous files, then read these two forums on how to apply the security patches and security contributions required to prevent future intrusions. Admin Security Website Security

Once you have the site clean and secure, remove the .htaccess password protection so you customers can see the site again and you can hopefully make some money.

Chris

Archived