• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Feedback on ecommerce website

mdouglas

Hello,

I'd very much appreciate feedback on my ecommerce site www.caradiaz.com. Please feel free to be 'brutally honest' if necessary. Would like to know what you think of the design, contents and usability (i.e. are menus easy to use, is the site intuitive enough or does it take you ages to find anything, is the order process straight forward?)

Really keen to hear suggestions and/or changes you would make to it to improve shopping experience.

Thanks very much!

My Store Forum Channel Rules (Read Before Posting)

In addition to the forum rules, live stores discussed in this channel must be powered by osCommerce Online Merchant and have the "Powered by osCommerce" text displayed on the site. Not only is the osCommerce solution being used, but valuable feedback will also be presented by the osCommerce community.

You have various text and links in the footer, but not the text that qualify you for feedback here

I like that you have no side columns. I like the dark aspect - it shows off your products very well.

Absolutely hate the landing page, with the grey vignette and the centered links. (Ah, I just tried with JS on, and it is better, but still not that nice). That is a fail.

I would definitely like to see the black toned down a bit, maybe use a very dark grey instead.

I'm thinking it just needs to have a little bit more "elegance". It's 90% there, but it's the finishing touches that elevate a shop from good to great.

I like that you have no side columns. I like the dark aspect - it shows off your products very well.

Absolutely hate the landing page, with the grey vignette and the centered links. (Ah, I just tried with JS on, and it is better, but still not that nice). That is a fail.

I would definitely like to see the black toned down a bit, maybe use a very dark grey instead.

I'm thinking it just needs to have a little bit more "elegance". It's 90% there, but it's the finishing touches that elevate a shop from good to great.

Thanks very much for the feedback, Burt. Most appreciated.

I see many viewings but only 1 comment so far. Surely the site is not that good????

I'd be really grateful if you could provide some feedback on your visit. We're working on some changes but would like to know of any 'dislikes' in terms of design and/or layout, as well as difficulties moving around the site.

Many thanks.

Hi,

Nice site, but I find the fade in on the home page very slow and frustrating - It would be even slower for someone on a dial up connection.

Also the white text on the contact us page is very small and difficult to read, in fact I find most of the text a little small - maybe its my eyes....

Navigation was Ok, once you realised where to click to see the ranges, Im more traditional and like to see menu's at the side for easy access.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

Hi,

Nice site, but I find the fade in on the home page very slow and frustrating - It would be even slower for someone on a dial up connection.

Also the white text on the contact us page is very small and difficult to read, in fact I find most of the text a little small - maybe its my eyes....

Navigation was Ok, once you realised where to click to see the ranges, Im more traditional and like to see menu's at the side for easy access.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks very much for taking the time to review our website. Much appreciated.

The size issue has been pointed out by other people too so we're going to have to address that. It was OK when we started but the screen resolution used by most people these days seems to have changed.

Thanks again for your feedback,

M

The jewellery/specials.php page is showing [TEP STOP] at the bottom (and no footer).

The black background is too dark for my taste, although it does seem to show off the products well. I'm not in your target market so this probably doesn't count.

Overall a nice clean design. I can't find anything else that needs improvement.

Regards

Jim

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice store on the whole but when I added something to the cart I found it quite weird that there was no visual representation of what is in the "shopping bag" such as the "1 item(s) £250 | My Shopping Bag | Checkout" or something along those lines to tell you that you have something in your bag once you continue shopping.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived