• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help needed cleaning the website

Ckaram

hello there

i need help cleaning my website... i was away and didnt finish up the website and my partner didnt take it offline and i came back to see right in my face a nice : malware detection notice when i try to log on it...

so how should i go abt the cleaning ? any suggestions ? ( a pop image exists as a malware code i guess )

thanks

hello there

i need help cleaning my website... i was away and didnt finish up the website and my partner didnt take it offline and i came back to see right in my face a nice : malware detection notice when i try to log on it...

so how should i go abt the cleaning ? any suggestions ? ( a pop image exists as a malware code i guess )

thanks

The best way is to wipe your site clean. Erase everything. Then upload it all again, if you made a backup.

If not then just erase everything and reinstall.

Consider installing in a protected directory so that only you can access it. Then, install all the security patches that prevent hackers from killing your shop. Then, after they are all installed you can remove the password protection on your site.

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

There is a good link to how to clean up and secure your site in my profile.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

There is a good link to how to clean up and secure your site in my profile.

HTH

G

And I would have suggested cleaning first if the site was a production site. From my read of his post he was in the installation and configuration stage and had not yet installed any security. Why try to clean that? The shop is virtually empty.

Sometimes you have to decide how long it will take to clean vs how long to wipe and restore...

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

And I would have suggested cleaning first if the site was a production site. From my read of his post he was in the installation and configuration stage and had not yet installed any security. Why try to clean that? The shop is virtually empty.

Sometimes you have to decide how long it will take to clean vs how long to wipe and restore...

Good point, I've updated my profile to highlight this point, not to mention spell ck it again!!

Cheers

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived