• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google XML Sitemap SEO compatible with FWR Media Ultimate SEO URL 5

spoofy

I am not the author of the code. I simply modified the code which was originally done by Chemo and further modified and kept up to date by Jack_mcs.

This contribution is taken from http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/6583

Thanks to Jack_mcs for providing the upgraded versions.

The problem with Jack_mcs contribution, which was originally authored by Chemo, was that all the links and database actions were hard-coded.

This created a problem if you were trying to use this with FWR Media's Ultimate SEO URL.

FWR Media does provide a Google XML Sitemap SEO however, that version is a bit outdated.

The attached version is based on Jack_mcs's latest version 1.5

Code has been tested to work for v 2.2 and v 2.3 of osCommerce.

Download Contribution: http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/7610

Edited by spoofy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, and thank you for your work with this.

I'm currently using FWR Media's Ultimate SEO Urls and the related Google XML Sitemap SEO but am interested in seeing if this one works a bit better for getting products indexed (the site has over 10000). Do you have any suggestions for safely installing this over FWR Media's version?

Thanks!

Bob

Hi, and thank you for your share.

I'm not using FWR Media's Ultimate SEO Urls currently. I installed this one, Google XML Sitemap SEO compitable with Ultimate SEO URL by FWR Media, but it is not work.

I have set the file permissions on the sitemap and the files to the same settings on the images directory. I have switched the Google XML SEO settings to the alternate class and enable the diagnostic option in the settings. Following is the error message when generate in the bowser. Thank you for your help. I am looking forward to your reply.

Opening /sitemapproducts.xmlFS_CAT /home/content/f/a/i/fairingstore/html/Server http://www.fairingstore.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/f/a/i/fairingstore/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Product Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapcategories.xmlFS_CAT /home/content/f/a/i/fairingstore/html/Server http://www.fairingstore.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/f/a/i/fairingstore/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Category Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Opening /sitemapindex.xmlFS_CAT /home/content/f/a/i/fairingstore/html/Server http://www.fairingstore.comSave Path /WS_CAT /

Warning: fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/content/f/a/i/fairingstore/html/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

ERROR: Google Sitemap Index Generation FAILED!

Array

(

[QUERY] => Array

(

[PRODUCTS] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 450

)

[CATEOGRY] => Array

(

[sTATUS] => success

[NUM_ROWS] => 75

)

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array

(

[0] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapproducts.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[1] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapcategories.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

[2] => Array

(

[file] => /sitemapindex.xml

[status] => failure

[file_exists] => false

)

)

)

Thx a lot!

Nicholas

Hello,

Got some issues after installing this on my fresh 2.3.1 with USU5 installed.

In Standard mode I get following error message,

1054 - Unknown column 'c.categories_status' in 'where clause'

SELECT p.products_id as pID, p.products_date_added as date_added, p.products_last_modified as last_mod, p.products_ordered
                           FROM products p, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where c.categories_status='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p.products_status='1'
                               ORDER BY products_ordered DESC

[TEP STOP]

And when changing the setting to Alternate I get following message,

Opening   /sitemapproducts.xml
FS_CAT    /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/
Server    http://www.koolkatjazz.com
Save Path /
WS_CAT    /oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/ 

Warning:  fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Opening   /sitemapcategories.xml
Save Path /

Warning:  fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Opening   /sitemapindex.xml
Save Path /

Warning:  fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 693
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 55
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

)

)

Please help

Thxs

hello evry body.

i use osc 2.3.1

i have exactly the same probleme, when i use googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5_2, and when i use googlexml_sitemap_seo_v_1.5_1 i have just this

Write /sitemapproducts.xml
Generated Google Product Sitemap Successfully

Write /sitemapcategories.xml
Generated Google Category Sitemap Successfully

Write /sitemapspecials.xml
Generated Google Specials Sitemap Successfully

ERROR: Google Pages Sitemap Generation FAILED!

Write /sitemapindex.xml
Generated Google Sitemap Index Successfully

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 3
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 6
               )

[sPECIALS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 2
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [file] => /sitemapspecials.xml
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

[3] => Array
               (
                   [status] => success
                   [file_exists] => true
               )

)

)

that's all thanks

Edited by my.delices

Hi,

I installed this contribution and it works well except that I get duplicate categories.

Possibly because I have 2 languages installed.

The products come out fine, no duplicates.

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thank you in advance.

Hellos

This is a much expected patch, can anyone feedback about if its working or not, since from the previous posts it looks like it has some bugs.

Feedback apreciated,

Francis

Seams to work fine on mine, no error messages.

Will check with Google in a few days to see if it stuck

Cheers

Hello,

I installed (well copy/past only) this conti.

But now when i go to googlesitmap.index.php i get this message:

Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 67 bytes) in /home/wielenon/public_html/autosportparts.eu/webshop/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Categories.php on line 119

Can someone help me?

Regards,

jasper

Hello,

I installed (well copy/past only) this conti.

But now when i go to googlesitmap.index.php i get this message:

Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 67 bytes) in /home/wielenon/public_html/autosportparts.eu/webshop/includes/modules/ultimate_seo_urls5/modules/Usu_Categories.php on line 119

Can someone help me?

Regards,

jasper

Your allowed memory was exceeded, do you have sufficient server allowances for the size of your shop?

Edited by FWR Media

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw messages posted in this thread. Sorry my mistake for not keeping track of this.

I just did a fresh installation and it seems to work fine and I did not get any errors.

jps001: You should contact your web hosting company so that they can help you track down the problem.

For those who are concerned about duplicate categories for multiple languages: I haven't tested this for multiple languages as I only use one.

Hello,

Got some issues after installing this on my fresh 2.3.1 with USU5 installed.

In Standard mode I get following error message,

SELECT p.products_id as pID, p.products_date_added as date_added, p.products_last_modified as last_mod, p.products_ordered
                           FROM products p, categories c, products_to_categories p2c where c.categories_status='1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p.products_status='1'

[TEP STOP]

And when changing the setting to Alternate I get following message,

Opening   /sitemapproducts.xml
Save Path /

Warning:  fopen(/sitemapproducts.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Opening   /sitemapcategories.xml
Save Path /

Warning:  fopen(/sitemapcategories.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Opening   /sitemapindex.xml
Save Path /

Warning:  fopen(/sitemapindex.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wihirt/public_html/oscommerce-2.3.1/catalog/googlesitemap/sitemap.class_Alternate.php on line 353

Array
(
   [QUERY] => Array
       (
           [PRODUCTS] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 693
               )

[CATEOGRY] => Array
               (
                   [sTATUS] => success
                   [NUM_ROWS] => 55
               )

)

[sAVE_FILE_XML] => Array
       (
           [0] => Array
               (
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[1] => Array
               (
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

[2] => Array
               (
                   [status] => failure
                   [file_exists] => false
               )

)

)

Please help

Thxs

What was the solution to this issue as I have the same problem.

It looks like the solution is in the error message I got in phpMyAdmin posted in the box below. Do I have to insert the text in "google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql" into every config file listed below?

meaning insert into configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible???

Error

SQL query:

INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )
VALUES (
'289', 'Google XML SEO', 'Google XML Sitemap SEO Options', '29', '1'
);

MySQL said: Documentation
#1062 - Duplicate entry '289' for key 1 

Edited by ErikMM

Web Developer, Firebug, and Notepad++ are powerful free tools for web design.

I tried to add (or Run SQL query/queries on my database).

I tried to add "google_xml_sitemap_seo.sql" after all the feilds in "configuration_group"

It looked like this:

SELECT * FROM `configuration_group` WHERE 1`configuration_group_id``configuration_group_title``configuration_group_description``sort_order``visible`

INSERT INTO configuration_group (configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible)

VALUES ('289', 'Google XML SEO', 'Google XML Sitemap SEO Options', '29', '1');

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)

VALUES (NULL,'Sitemap file', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SEO', 'Standard', 'Which file to use for the sitemap creation. Use Standard unless it doesn\'t work correctly.<br>(Standard=on Alternate=off)', '289', '1', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'Standard\', \'Alternate\'), ', now(), NULL);

INSERT INTO configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, set_function, date_added, use_function)

VALUES (NULL,'Enable Manufacturers Map', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_CREATE_MANU', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like a site map created for your manufactureres.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '5', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable Specials Map', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_CREATE_SPECIALS', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like a site map created for your specials.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '7', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable Standard Pages Map', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_CREATE_PAGES', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like a site map created for your standard pages.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '10', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL,'Enable Diagnostic Output', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_SHOW_DIAGNOSTIC', 'false', 'Set to true if you would like debug information displayed. This is useful if the site maps are not being created correctly.<br>(true=on false=off)', '289', '15', 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'), ', now(), NULL);

VALUES (NULL, 'Exclude these pages', 'GOOGLE_XML_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE_PAGES', '', 'Add these pages to the built-in file exclude list. This will prevent the links from being added to the pages site map.', '289', '20', NULL, now(), NULL);

this but got this error for trying it:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

SELECT *
FROM `configuration_group`
WHERE 1 `configuration_group_id``configuration_group_title``configuration_group_description``sort_order``visible`
INSERT INTO configuration_group( configuration_group_id, configuration_group_title, configuration_group_description, sort_order, visible )
VALUES (
'289', 'Google XML SEO', 'Google XML Sitemap SEO Options', '29', '1'
);

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`configuration_group_id``configuration_group_title``configuration_group_descript' at line 1 

Can I just point out here that the only reaon there are "compatibility" issues with contributions such as this is that these contributions do not use the standard osCommerce tep_href_link function .. if they did it would work.

Can I just point out here that the only reaon there are "compatibility" issues with contributions such as this is that these contributions do not use the standard osCommerce tep_href_link function .. if they did it would work.

Robert,

The reason for the contribution is precisely that. The original version by jack_mcs and chemo does not utilize the tep_href_link therefore, I made minor modifications to make it work with tep_href_link, just as you suggested it should.

Erik,

Simply change the configuration_group_id

from 289

to any other random number such as 1289

"Simply" for me would be a detailed protocol. I really don't know what I am doing or how it works, but I can follow instructions (most of the time). The readme file leaves some issues/details to be desired for folks that need their hands held. Its a foreign language.

I got this error message:

Error

SQL query: Documentation

SELECT *
FROM `configuration_group`
WHERE 1 `configuration_group_id``configuration_group_title``configuration_group_description``sort_order``visible`
VALUES (
'2289', 'Google XML SEO', 'Google XML Sitemap SEO Options', '29', '1'
);

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '`configuration_group_id``configuration_group_title``configuration_group_descript' at line 1 

I am getting the same errors as pederb.

I had an earlier contribution working on an MS2 shop but upgraded to 2.3.1 - despite it otherwise being a clean install this contribution doesn't appear to work out of the box for me.

This may be because I have moved the catalog to the root folder of the store (does that cause the fopen "permission" denied error message, despite those files being 777 or 755 permissions). I get the same error if I delete the files entirely, so my guess is that the class isn't attempting to open the files I think it's trying to open.

As my database already had the SQL entries from the previous contribution, if I tried to run it again I would get a 'duplicate primary key' error which I think some other people have reported too. In other words, if you have already installed this contribution you will not need to re-run the SQL.

However, if anyone else can help with other suggestions to try or methods to diagnose further I'd be very grateful.

• 3 weeks later...

I should have paid attention to my Admin tool more carefully. 2.3.1 has Google XML SEO as a standard feature.

So I was wrong...failed to see "added 12-13-10." All the other modules, tools etc. were installed on 11/15.

So how do I get rid of it? I searched all files and folders in catalog and admin, but I am not seeing the related files.

osCommerceOnlineMerchantAdministrationTool_1294522358366.jpg

• 1 month later...

I am getting the same error(s) as previously posted in this thread but I haven't seen a fix for them.

Right now I get

[TEP STOP]

Any solution to this?

A quick question, should sitemappages.xml be empty?

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://www.koolkatjazz.com/catalog/sitemappages.xml
Line Number 1, Column 1:

Cheers