• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to post a Tip or a Trick

Loaded Commerce

1. do not ask a question in this forum, use the other MANY forums to do that.

2. come up with something that some one would like to do on their osc site and explain it how to do it.

3. do not ask questions in this forum.

4. If you tip or trick to involves you asking people how to do it, it is not a tip, or a trick, but a question.

5. if you tip is a suggestion then its not a tip.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Iozzia

Loaded Commerce - Oscommerce - All Loaded Up.

1. do not ask a question in this forum, use the other MANY forums to do that.

3. do not ask questions in this forum.

Wrong (see url below).

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33668

It is pointless to start a new thread elsewhere in order to ask a question about something htat has already been posted in tips/tricks.

Obviously if your question has nothing to do with the tip/trick then go and ask in a different forum.

Hi Salvatore,

I noticed your msn address in your profile:

[email protected]

I'm sure that your not allowed to use hotmail email addresses for business.

(You are allowed to forward emails to your hotmail address.)

so [email protected] can forward to [email protected]

Its written in the terms of use when you sign up.

This was the case a few years ago, not sure if anything has changed but you might want to look into it.

Best Regards,

Special Effects / 3d + Flash

I have a real email address but you cant see that. You are looking at my profile its says:

MSN Messenger: [email protected]

so thats the email account if you want to chat with me on MSN Messenger.

Best Regards,

Salvatore Iozzia

Loaded Commerce - Oscommerce - All Loaded Up.

Just my 2 cents.....but until Harald changes the sticky at the top of this channel, I don't think the other thread holds any water.

look at the New Spider thread - the only way to fully understand what is going on is demonstrated perfectly in that thread by people asking questions about the Tip/Trick that can only be answered in that thread - if another thread was started someplace else, there is no way that the people involved in that issue would ever have worked out the solution.

my 2 cents....

Wow! lets hope we dont have anything more difficult to solve :D :D :D

Clearly, this forum is for sharing mini-solutions and code snippets ie Tips and Tricks, and not for posting open questions. ie It is a clever way to create the FAQ section of the user manual :wink:

However, if the Tip or Trick is not 100% clear, there is surely no harm in asking a point of clarification so that others can also benefit from the answer. I suggest that this means something like: 'You say that you should put the code in application_top, should it be above or below xyz?'.

However, questions like 'I am selling space ships and wonder if this code would work with the guest header tag payment gateway?' should probably be put elsewhere.

Ian-san

Flawlessnet

Wow! lets hope we dont have anything more difficult to solve :D  :D  :D  

Clearly, this forum is for sharing mini-solutions and code snippets ie Tips and Tricks, and not for posting open questions. ie It is a clever way to create the FAQ section of the user manual :wink:  

However, if the Tip or Trick is not 100% clear, there is surely no harm in asking a point of clarification so that others can also benefit from the answer. I suggest that this means something like: 'You say that you should put the code in application_top, should it be above or below xyz?'.

However, questions like 'I am selling space ships and wonder if this code would work with the guest header tag payment gateway?' should probably be put elsewhere.

Exactly. It's common sense, isn't it ?

I have a lovely space ship for sale. Only 1 million Dollars. Go faster stripes included.

Archived