Sign in to follow this  
bigtommym

Paypal IPN v2.3.4.7 not receiving IPNs

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone could help with this - I'm more than happy to pay someone to fix this if they think they can, please PM me.

I have two OSC stores setup on a single 1and1 shared linux hosting. Both stores are almost identical apart from design.

Both stores have Paypal IPN v2.3.4.7 installed (see here http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2679) and both stores have different paypal accounts where the payments are sent.

1st store works fine 99% of the time - paypal IPNs revceived and processed, OSC transaction emails sent out ok, order statuses updated automatically. probably 1 in 100 orders does not seem to receive the IPNs correctly - i'm not worried about that.

2nd store does not work with the IPN system at all. Payments are made and the order goes through but the order status stays on Preparing [Paypal IPN] etc and NO transactional emails are sent out.

Both paypal accounts are set up identically (apart from the necessary URLs) and both have autoreturn setup correctly.

For the second store I received *some* Paypal IPN Invalid Process emails (not all the time though) and they are ALWAYS blank, as follows:

$_POST:

$_GET:

Can anyone point me in the right direction or offer some help... This is a commercial project so am happy to offer a reasonable payment to whoever can fix it.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom

THIS IS NOW SOLVED! I did 2 things to make this work (only doing both items made mine work):

1. I noticed that the IPN module sets the notify_URL to the correct file but also appends the argument ?language=english.

I removed this argument (details below) and then everything worked perfectly - seems to work every time.

in catalog/includes/modules/payment/paypal_ipn.php

Find (about line 519)

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', 'language=' . $_SESSION['language'], 'SSL', false, false);

and change to

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', false, 'SSL', false, false);

or try

$parameters['notify_url'] = tep_href_link('ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn/ipn.php', '', 'SSL', false, false);

2. Despite reading many posts and guides that say that when you use this module you do not need to activate IPN in the paypal account->profile->IPNs, I have activated it and entered the appropriate full URL of the notification module.

I hope this helps someone.

Tom

Tom, This helped me a lot, thank you very much a nice clear, where to find and how to do,

Phil

Edited by roiphil

check the global registers in

ext/modules/payment/paypal_ipn folder, as you will need to upload extra php.ini file

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.