• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Delivery Zones and rates using Google Maps

fh76

Hi!

I need to integrate Google Maps with Oscommerce STS edition.

When checking out, user must see the total weight of the selected products and MAP of the city divided in several zones. For each zone there are different delivery charges. The user enters his delivery address and the zone is automatically selected OR he can just click on the required zone. Anyway the delivery charges are calculated for this selected zone depending on the weight of the products in the shopping basket and this delivery charge is added to the total amount.

Please suggest me how to complete this task or suggest mу where to start. Maybe there is some add-on that i can use or modify?

Thanks in advance.

Hi!

I need to integrate Google Maps with Oscommerce STS edition.

When checking out, user must see the total weight of the selected products and MAP of the city divided in several zones. For each zone there are different delivery charges. The user enters his delivery address and the zone is automatically selected OR he can just click on the required zone. Anyway the delivery charges are calculated for this selected zone depending on the weight of the products in the shopping basket and this delivery charge is added to the total amount.

Please suggest me how to complete this task or suggest mу where to start. Maybe there is some add-on that i can use or modify?

Thanks in advance.

I think I saw the same posting on some job site. Anyway, this would involve a considerable amount of coding. How do you plan to group the zones ? and how do you propose the person selects the zone?

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-- Henry David Thoreau --

Theres no need to group the zones. A city map is opened divided in zones. The user just clicks on the zone or if he enters his address, the zone is automatically selected. The delivery rate is calculated based on the zone selected and the weight of the products in the basket.

Theres no need to group the zones. A city map is opened divided in zones. The user just clicks on the zone or if he enters his address, the zone is automatically selected. The delivery rate is calculated based on the zone selected and the weight of the products in the basket.

ok. so you want graphical intereface where in you just highlight certain portions of the map and that becomes the zone. then as the address is entered the zone is identified. is that correct ?

Really interesting requirement !! Please let us ( alteast me ) know when you finally have the module. That sure should be a nice piece of code you will have once done.

Best Regards

Shiva

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-- Henry David Thoreau --