• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google / DMOZ data... simple question

Waffa

I am going insane here as its so simple thing that i cant find any answers...

I need to add this to my OSc (funbox.ee) header section :

<meta name="robots" content="NOODP"> (becouse google shows wrong info in search motor)

(as google says: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35624#2)

but file where i need to add it apers not to be includes/header.php or any other header file jes?

I just cant find any file from my shop where i could add it.. no idea why i remeber that there was master templade and it applyed to every page (i have not installed simple templade system)

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

I am going insane here as its so simple thing that i cant find any answers...

I need to add this to my OSc (funbox.ee) header section :

<meta name="robots" content="NOODP"> (becouse google shows wrong info in search motor)

(as google says: http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35624#2)

but file where i need to add it apers not to be includes/header.php or any other header file jes?

I just cant find any file from my shop where i could add it.. no idea why i remeber that there was master templade and it applyed to every page (i have not installed simple templade system)

I am not sure how you manage the header tags. in a default oscommerce system, you will need to add it on every .php file that is accessible from the front end.

You can add the code above </head>. that is one simple way of doing that. If you are using some mod to generate the header tags, you can edit that file to include the tag.

If you can paster the head portion of the index.php file, i can help you further.

Shiva

Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake.

-- Henry David Thoreau --

I am not sure how you manage the header tags. in a default oscommerce system, you will need to add it on every .php file that is accessible from the front end.

You can add the code above </head>. that is one simple way of doing that. If you are using some mod to generate the header tags, you can edit that file to include the tag.

If you can paster the head portion of the index.php file, i can help you further.

Shiva

Thank you :)

Here is some plugins i belive is installed:

Header Tags SEO

Google XML SEO

SEO URLs

and partly: Sitemap SEO (gives some error when i access on this soft options from dif menu)

Here is my index source:

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="et">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-4">
<title>Kingitus, kingitused ja vidinad e-pood: FunBox.ee!</title>
<meta name="description" content="Lahedad ja Lõbusad kingitused ning kingiideed igaks tähtpäevaks, kõigile." />
<meta name="keywords" content="e-pood, vidinad, kingitused, USB, käekell, pidu, kingiideed, armsamale, kingipood, kingitus" />
<base href="http://funbox.ee/OSc/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body style="margin: 0;">
<!-- header //-->
<!-- start -->
<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">
<tr><td width="50%" class="bg"></td>

<td width="765" height="500" class="bg" valign="top">
  <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="center" style=" width:765px;"> 
   <tr><td valign="top">
     <table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

So i was tryng to find the file where is <meta name="description" inside but i was unable. In what file it might be?

I was hoping at first that there is some PHP file that applys to everywhere even with out plugins but i guess it was not so simple :)

if i open up the index file from server i see no head section at all:

<?php

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {

but i guess thats normal?

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!

[ I do not speak good English, so I hope ya understand ]

If you have headertags seo installed this should be quite easy.

Log in to your admin, click on headertags seo. You will see a box on the right of the page called default tags. You need to highlight the tickbox next to the NOODP title.

If you do not have this box you may need to update your installation from here.

REMEMBER BACKUP, BACKUP AND BACKUP

Archived