• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Event Calender

FastEddy

I am not sure exactly what version of the event calendar you have or if you have made changes to the admin page. The reason I mention that is because the screen shot seems to be missing a lot (like the other language fields).

Before i could offer help i would need to know a bit more about the version or changes that have been made to the page.

Thank you so much for your help!

Here's as much info as I can provide:

1) A Fresh Install from the May3 2006 from pnkranker version (perhaps I need to install something from a previous version). I didn't do any modificiations.

2) I am using osCommerce 2.2-MS2

Any other info I can provide?

Thanks!

okay i have problem!!

event calender works fine in admin side but in store fron it dont work at all.. i mean it dont show up on my left column (column_left.php) i used this code

""

//events_calendar

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'calendar.php');""

and i placed it and nothing...

?? what i do wrong??

also i have a STS Template installed....

Edited by pcboy123

I am experiencing a bit of a problem. The database works fine, but I think that I'm having problems with the format of the date. When I try to bring up an event, I get the following error:

Warning: date(): Windows does not support dates prior to midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970 in c:\*********\catalog\events_calendar.php on line 303

The site is posted on a Windows machine.

Thanks all!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I tried installing the conrtib on my site but all I get is a blank page both on admin and the catalog. :(

I'm using STS and I tried using the same procedure to add other boxes (I've done it before and it worked) but I guess the structure of the calendar box is not the one that STS expects.

any suggestions how to fix this? If it's not possible, is there any other calendar that works with STS?

thanks

Stefano

Hi everyone, I tried installing the conrtib on my site but all I get is a blank page both on admin and the catalog. :(

I'm using STS and I tried using the same procedure to add other boxes (I've done it before and it worked) but I guess the structure of the calendar box is not the one that STS expects.

any suggestions how to fix this? If it's not possible, is there any other calendar that works with STS?

thanks

Stefano

I have made some improvements, but still the box is not working correctly. I changed it from iframe to a box, but it shows nothing.

if you want to take a look at my site (it's still work in progress) visit www.alcova.biz but first you have to change your hosts file adding

67.15.84.51 www.alcova.biz

(the site it's not the actual online one...)

thanks for any help

ciao

Stefano

I have made some improvements, but still the box is not working correctly. I changed it from iframe to a box, but it shows nothing.

if you want to take a look at my site (it's still work in progress) visit www.alcova.biz but first you have to change your hosts file adding

67.15.84.51 www.alcova.biz

(the site it's not the actual online one...)

thanks for any help

ciao

Stefano

ok. had to reinstall OSC from scratch. Now the problem is that I'm using STS and the calendar box "splits" the page. The body and right colum tops are aligned to the bottom of the calendar.

How do I fix it?

ok. had to reinstall OSC from scratch. Now the problem is that I'm using STS and the calendar box "splits" the page. The body and right colum tops are aligned to the bottom of the calendar.

How do I fix it?

hmmmm.. it seems I have to figure out everything myself :P LOL

ready for next problem? I think there's a little bug somewhere as -apparently- I can't change the layout of the calendar. The default one has the first column with sunday then monday, etc...

I tried changing in includes/classes/calendar.php

from

/*

The start day of the week. This is the day that appears in the first column

of the calendar. Sunday = 0.

*/

var $startDay = 0;

to

/*

The start day of the week. This is the day that appears in the first column

of the calendar. Sunday = 0.

*/

var $startDay = 1;

but nothing happened.

It's not a mayor problem, but here in Italy we usually start the week with monday.

Similar problem I have when the dates are displayed in the mmddyy format. How do I change it?

To start the calendar with Monday instead of Sunday you will need to change the FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK which is defined in: /includes/languages/english/events_calendar.php

THe change to make is similar to what you did, change from 0 to 1.

Similar problem I have when the dates are displayed in the mmddyy format. How do I change it?

I am not sure exactly where you are wanting to change the format or what ot change it to, but I can point you to a spot where you can change it:

/includes/modules/events_calendar/events_calendar_body.php

change the following to what you want:

$dateDisplayFormat = "F d, Y";

if you let me know more about where you want the format changed i can try to help.

thanks,

marcus

I just installed Event Calendar and it is the first modification I am making to the site.

When I go to the main page I am getting this error message where the calendar should appear:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: calendar in /mnt/w0701/d12/s12/b0289c57/www/theartistatwork.com/catalog/calendar_content.php on line 29

Also: when I go to the admin area and click on event calendar I get a 404 page with the error: The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Did I miss something in the install? I'm completely new to OSCommerce and am attempting to understand php as I go along. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I am not sure exactly where you are wanting to change the format or what ot change it to, but I can point you to a spot where you can change it:

/includes/modules/events_calendar/events_calendar_body.php

change the following to what you want:

$dateDisplayFormat = "F d, Y";

if you let me know more about where you want the format changed i can try to help.

thanks,

marcus

marcus,

I want to change the start and end date of the event, in the pull down menu with the list of events and wherever else an event date is displayed.

In italy we use to display dates in the format ddmmyyyy. Is it possible to keep two format based on the language used?

One last question: the month names are in english. How can I change that when the pages are displayed in italian?

ciao

Stefano

marcus,

I want to change the start and end date of the event, in the pull down menu with the list of events and wherever else an event date is displayed.

In italy we use to display dates in the format ddmmyyyy. Is it possible to keep two format based on the language used?

One last question: the month names are in english. How can I change that when the pages are displayed in italian?

ciao

Stefano

I don't believe it makes sense to tie a date format to a language since its not really standardized for all languages.

Many of the areas in the calendar code use the $dateDisplayFormat to format the date for display.

This should be defined at the top of /includes/modules/events_calendar/events_calendar_body.php

if it is further down in the page then you may want to move it up to the top of the page.

For your format you need to define:

$dateDisplayFormat = "dmY";

(for details see http://us3.php.net/date)

The drop down is apparently one that uses the date display format variable.

To change it you need to modify the following line in /includes/modules/events_calendar/events_calendar_body.php

(Line 70)

$event_array[] = array('id' => $q_events['event_id'], 'text' => $cal->monthNames[$month - 1] . ' ' . $day . ' -> ' . $q_events['title']);

you can change it to something like:

$event_array[] = array('id' => $q_events['event_id'], 'text' => date($dateDisplayFormat, mktime(0,0,0,$month,$day,$year)) . ' -> ' . $q_events['title']);

For month names, I don't beleive any of this has been changed to be more multilingual friendly. So to change the month names (and days of the week) you need to change the array values defined in:

/includes/classes/calendar.php at line 467

/*

The labels to display for the months of the year. The first entry in this array

represents January.

*/

var $monthNames = array(January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,Novemb

er,December);

Hope this helps you get going with what you want.

marcus

For month names, I don't beleive any of this has been changed to be more multilingual friendly. So to change the month names (and days of the week) you need to change the array values defined in:

/includes/classes/calendar.php at line 467

/*

The labels to display for the months of the year. The first entry in this array

represents January.

*/

var $monthNames = array(January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,Novemb

er,December);

Hope this helps you get going with what you want.

marcus

Hy marcus and others,

To multilangual the month names, it's very simple

replace

er,December);

with

var $monthNames = array(JANUARY,FEBRUARY,MARCH,APRIL,MAY,JUNE,JULY,AUGUST,SEPTEMBER,OCTOBER,NOVEMB

ER,DECEMBER);

goto includes/languages/english/events_calendar.php (or whatever language you use) and change the following lines:

define('JANUARY', 'Janaury');

define('FEBRUARY', 'February');

define('MARCH', 'March');

define('APRIL', 'April');

define('MAY', 'May');

define('JUNE', 'June');

define('JULY', 'July');

define('AUGUST', 'August');

define('SEPTEMBER', 'September');

define('OCTOBER', 'October');

define('NOVEMBER', 'November');

define('DECEMBER', 'December');

you can do the same with the shortcuts of the days, the short_array of the months and the long_array of the months:

define('SU', 'Su');

define('MO', 'Mo');

define('TU', 'Tu');

define('WE', 'We');

define('TH', 'Th');

define('FR', 'Fr');

define('SA', 'Sa');

define('MONTHS_SHORT_ARRAY', 'JAN,FEB,MAR,APR,MAY,JUN,JUL,AUG,SEP,OCT,NOV,DEC');

define('MONTHS_LONG_ARRAY', 'January,February,March,April,May,June,July,August,September,October,November

,December');

Hope this will help.

Marcus A. Kaptein

• 3 months later...

Not sure if this contrib is still suported, but here goes my question:

I installed the Event Calender a while ago, and modified some things for my needs.

But now, that a new year entered, i still get directed to 2006.

Is there a way (or where do i seek for that code) to alter so that when you click Calendar you get to the current date? (or year atleast).

Also, when you hit the right arrow to go to 2007, you go there, but there is no left arrow to return.. only when you click again... (and have 2008) then there are two arrows, how can i change that? Cause people are alowed, when the page is at 2007 to view 2006.

I would post a link to the site (cause its running) but i hate how google take these posts (and errors) into it search engine when people search on the name of the website. (i can pm it tho)

hope someone can help, thnx

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

nevermind.. its so stupid i'm afraid of telling...

I had hardcoded (apparantly) a while ago the url...

it says /events_calendar.php?_month=1&_year=2006&year_view=1

Its in my includes/filenames.php

How do i make _year dynamic?? something like =

define('FILENAME_EVENTS', 'events_calendar.php?_month=1&_year=' . $year . '&year_view=1');

should that work?? Of course "$year" should be something else.. is there a easy one for finding out the current year?? that should be right???

thnx for the help

Even in this dark place, yes, I am afraid of my own shadow.

Contributions | KnowledgeBase | osCommerce 2.2 pdf

• 5 weeks later...

There is 2 problem i got and i m surprised nobody tolds he encouter the same :

1. im losing my session and cart content when i click on any date or event

2. im admin i use dhtml menu , i didnt achieve to modify the box code to make it work , in other box i just modify ::

<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES,
				 'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'selected_box=articles'));

//	 if ($selected_box == 'articles') {

by

<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_ARTICLES,
				 'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'selected_box=articles'));

// admin DHTML menu  azer :23oct05  BOF **************************
//	 if ($selected_box == 'articles') { { { // commented for admin dhtml menu
if ($selected_box == 'articles' || $menu_dhtml == true) { 
// admin DHTML menu  azer :23oct05 	EOF ###########################

any ideas ?

3. why is it so hard to have the catalog box use the standart osc format ?

MS2

is there any way that a booking system can be built into this calendar, ie. somebody views the calendar event, and then they can make a booking for an event...?

just looking to get it like an automated system, so say you have 100 seats and 110 people sign up, they need to be notified that the event is full

is there anyone that can help

• 1 month later...

I must admit that I cheated on this one, not being able to find anything in the contributions section. I built a set of routines using Phpmaker to allow customers to add events etc. Not something I can contribute but it is a lot easier than trying to write the php code directly.

Hello,

Installed the events calendar, but when I want to insert new event get the form but no buttons to add or insert only new event button on top of the form.

Any idee what's wrong here?

thanks,

Ruud

Hey Ruud:

Not too sure why you don't see the standard preview/reset buttons at the bottom of the form. Is it just not finding the images, or are the links missing as well?

I've been playing around with the format of this contribution to get it to blend in more with my site, but if you can let me know some more, I'll see if I can help.

Ed

I am trying to modify my install of the Event Calendar, but I can't seem to find the tag to modify the current mnoth's name style. This is in the small calendar that is generated in the iFrame.

I would simply like to move the month name about 10px right.

Any suggestions or direction would be appreciated,

Ed

I have an event that lasts from 12.3. until 31.3., but link in calendar shows only on 12.3.

Is it possible to have links on all days until 31.3., or I have to manually add 20 separate events to achieve this?

Does anyone know for a modification or something?

Thanks, Rok