The e-commerce.

Event Calender

FastEddy

I really like this contrib, but having one problem:

1. the days of the week show up as So, Mo, Di, Mi, Do, Fr, Sa

You can view it here:

http://aanddclokeyenterprisesinc.com/osCom...talog/index.php

Its on the bottom left side.

I looked at many of the files, but couldn't find the script that might be causing this. Driving me nuts for about an hour now.

I had noticed the same thing with days of the week. Everything actually was set for a different language. I did not have time to make it multilingual so I just changed the values so they would display properly for my audience.

You can make the same changes by:

1. Open include/classes/calendar.php
  2. Locate the following line of code (near bottom of file) "var $dayNames = "
  3. Note the day abbrevs listed; you can change these to reflect the correct values for you
  4. when done the line should look something like: var $dayNames = array(Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa);

I have some additional updates to the contribution that I am working on packaging up to upload.

Some of the additions:

Highlight all days of event in calendar view;

in the event detail where other events are listed i updated it to list other events taking place anytime during the duration of the current event instead of just the start day;

also did some formatting and layout updates to improve the look and tried to use more css.

You can see my implementation at: www.oregonreining.com

thanks,

mmosttler

Edited by Johnson

I didn't look at the php file in 'Classes'. thanks for the pointer to it.

I also had to fix the months too in that same file:

var $monthNames = array(Januar,Februar,M?rz,April,Mai,Juni,Juli,August,September,Oktober,November,

Dezember);

Seems the default month display isn't working properly.

I'll need to check and see what I had to do to fix that, may need to just upload my latest changes.

I have uploaded a new package for the events calendar

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1061

aheisey:

I believe part of the problem with the events_calendar.php default view with no parameters should be fixed with the upload. If you want you can try incorporating just the one page.

I've just tried to install this and came up with this error.

Warning: require(includes/modules/events_calendar_listing.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\events_calendar.php on line 313

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/modules/events_calendar_listing.php' (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\xampp\php\pear\') in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\catalog\events_calendar.php on line 313

Apparently we're missing events_calendar_listing.php. I did not find this in any of the archives.

Awesome! I'll give it a go after work. Thanks for all of your responses!

I uploaded the one file and also got the same error:

Warning: main(includes/modules/events_calendar_listing.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aanddclo/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/events_calendar.php on line 325

Warning: main(includes/modules/events_calendar_listing.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/aanddclo/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/events_calendar.php on line 325

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/modules/events_calendar_listing.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/aanddclo/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/events_calendar.php on line 325

But fixed after uploading the missing 'events_calendar_listing.php' file. Awesome! It works!

I forgot that I had to also make a change to one of the OS Commerce classses.

If there are no events found for a month then when viewing the month event list you get a bad SQL error.

This is caused due to an error in a the OS Commerce base split page results function.

To fix this you can either replace the file with the file added to the contribution page

1. copy attached file to /includes/classes/split_page_results.php

Or modify the file:

1. open /includes/classes/split_page_results.php

2. locate the following line of code

$offset = ($this->number_of_rows_per_page * ($this->current_page_number - 1));

3. add the following code under the located line

if($offset < 0)

{

$offset = 0;

}

4. save and retry.

can someone help me with this...

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/events_calendar.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/s2as/public_html/catalog/calendar_content.php on line 10

this is on my home page and i do not know how to fix it?

thanks

Angelo

now this...

1146 - Table 's2as_shop.events_calendar' doesn't exist

select start_date from events_calendar where '2006-04-01' between start_date and end_date

anyone tell me what i am doing wrong?

Angelo

can be seen here.. http://www.s2as.com/catalog/

Off hand I would say that it appears the table has not been created or isn't created with that name under that schema.

I would suggest verifying the table exists in your db. You can also try rerunning the tableenupdate.sql:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS events_calendar;

CREATE TABLE events_calendar (event_id int(3) NOT NULL auto_increment, language_id int(11) NOT NULL default '1', start_date date NOT NULL default '0000-00-00', end_date varchar(20) default NULL, title varchar(255) default NULL, event_image varchar(64) default NULL, link varchar(255) default NULL, OSC_link varchar(255) default NULL, description text, date_added datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00', PRIMARY KEY (event_id,language_id)) TYPE=MyISAM;

Also what version of the events calendar are you using (which contribution set basically)?

I had noticed the same thing with days of the week. Everything actually was set for a different language. I did not have time to make it multilingual so I just changed the values so they would display properly for my audience.

You can make the same changes by:

1. Open include/classes/calendar.php

2. Locate the following line of code (near bottom of file) "var $dayNames = "

3. Note the day abbrevs listed; you can change these to reflect the correct values for you

4. when done the line should look something like: var $dayNames = array(Su,Mo,Tu,We,Th,Fr,Sa);

I have some additional updates to the contribution that I am working on packaging up to upload.

Some of the additions:

Highlight all days of event in calendar view;

in the event detail where other events are listed i updated it to list other events taking place anytime during the duration of the current event instead of just the start day;

also did some formatting and layout updates to improve the look and tried to use more css.

You can see my implementation at: www.oregonreining.com

thanks,

mmosttler

Edited by Johnson

Ok,

I have installed this calendar and it seems to be working. I just have two small things that are buggin me.

First I can't figure out where on the style sheet to change the background colors on the top and bottom portions of the calander

http://www.s2as.com/catalog/

second it has made the info boxes to big!! how do i change the size

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Angelo

sorry one more thing... this error in my admin as i try and enter a new event...

Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/s2as/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/classes/table_block.php on line 67

thanks for all your info

Angelo

I am not sure what you are trying to do, but I would like to try and help where I can.

I just looked at your stylesheet and it appears you have commented out the event calendar style sheet. I also noticed there were <PRE> tags around the event calendar import statement. If these were there at any time when it was not commented out then they would have caused a problem. You may try removing the <pre> open and close tag.

Hello everybody !

I have upgraded my translated version with the latest version + Sql Fix and I have some questions :

1) in catalog\includes\classes\calendar.php I want automaticaly the good number of days for Febuary, How do this ?

2) When we click on the Header title, where can we go to translate Start Date : and End Date : of the All events page ?

3) When I create an event (eg: today -> in 5 days), when I click on the header title, I have No event found :blink: My event is only on the start month. If it has a duration bettween 2 months, only the first is found. :(

4) How delete the 2 lines around the start_date and the end_date when we click on the event ?

Tks a lot for who can help me :thumbsup:

Hello everybody !

I have upgraded my translated version with the latest version + Sql Fix and I have some questions :

1) in catalog\includes\classes\calendar.php I want automaticaly the good number of days for Febuary, How do this ?

2) When we click on the Header title, where can we go to translate Start Date : and End Date : of the All events page ?

3) When I create an event (eg: today -> in 5 days), when I click on the header title, I have No event found :blink: My event is only on the start month. If it has a duration bettween 2 months, only the first is found. :(

4) How delete the 2 lines around the start_date and the end_date when we click on the event ?

Tks a lot for who can help me :thumbsup:

Well I will try to answer your questions.

1) I'll look into this, it will take a little more time.

2) Are you wanting to change the heading labels? If so then you have found a spot where we need to change to make mulit lingual possible.

a) Open includes/languages/english/events_calendar.php (same for other languages)

B) Locate the line with
define('TEXT_EVENT_DATE', 'Date :');

c) Add the following lines below that line
  define('TEXT_EVENT_DATE_START', 'Start Date :');
 define('TEXT_EVENT_DATE_END', 'End Date :');

d) Save and Open includes/modules/events_calendar_listing.php

e) Locate line with
'text' => ' Start ' . TEXT_EVENT_DATE . ' ');

and change it to

'text' => ' ' . TEXT_EVENT_DATE_START . ' ');

f) Locate line with
'text' => ' End ' . TEXT_EVENT_DATE . ' ');

and change it to

'text' => ' ' . TEXT_EVENT_DATE_END . ' ');

Now you can translate the start and end date labels in the event_calendar language files.

3) Do you have a link where I can take a look at this?

4) I believe you mean the partial box lines drawn around the start and end dates. If I am correct then you would change that by opening the events_calendar.php and locate

style="border: 1px inset #F2F4F7"

. Its only in there twice, and both times are for the start and end date. Just delete that text and the lines will go away.