• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Event Calender

FastEddy

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ivan,

I know you haven't posted in here for a while, but I had a request. That is have you thought of having recurring event option in the ADMIN tool?

The ability to say that this event recurres on every MONDAY for a specific period of time would be extremely useful. Right now all my events are recurring and I have to add the exact same information over and over and over again. I am surprised this hasn't be brought up before.

Right now I am in the middle of some updates on another Contrib, so I thought I would ask the one who is most familiar with the Events Calendar code. Also anyone else who may have good PHP skills and willing to work on this. When I get a break I will have time to get familiar with this code, and look into making the changes myself, but I do not know when that will be.

Thanks for your time...

-Aalst

• 1 month later...

Got the calanedar installed on MS2 without any problem. It looks useful. I'd love to make it multiuser though as I hate doing all the input myself ;)

One thing that is not working though:

Does anyone know where to put the stripslashes funtion in all this?

I keep ending up with things like

Ch\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'uan
in the middle of my titles

amending the lines to include stripslashes() around line 61 of admin/events_manager.php seemed to do the trick if you need to do this. ie if you have Magic Quotes GPC turrned on:

'title' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id])),
                                 'description' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id])),

• 1 month later...
It's because the calendar is loaded inside the i-frame and therefore also the calendar page is added to "navigation history" (did not think about it before).

Try this:

in catalog/includes/application_top find:

$navigation->add_current_page();

and change to :

if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT){
?$navigation->add_current_page();
}

by the way also "who's on line" in admin, is affected by the same problem so in catalog/includes/application_top find:

// include the who's online functions
?require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');
?tep_update_whos_online();

and do the same thing:

// include the who's online functions
if (basename($PHP_SELF) != FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR_CONTENT){
?require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'whos_online.php');
?tep_update_whos_online();
}

HTH

I have applied/modified the two areas above in my application_top.php file alas when someone attempts to login at my site they are redirected to the calendar_content.php?_month=&_year= page instead. :o

Help!

BTW - admin, everything else works just fine and dandy. Just a problem with the login getting redirected.

Edited by MsGIF

• 2 weeks later...

I too am having a problem....and since there seems to be a lot of helpful people here....could someone have a look at this...

I am running OSC 2.2 I have installed the events calendar contri( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ns,1061/page,10) ....and it all works well, but when I click on the infobox header Events Calendar--- I get this error on the page...

Warning: Missing argument 4 for splitpageresults() in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\catalog\includes\classes\split_page_results.php on line 24
1065 - Query was empty

now I know that it has something to do with the DB but the table is working fine, and I cannot figure out the problem...here is the code from the split_page file..

This is line 13...

function splitPageResults(&$current_page_number, $max_rows_per_page, &$sql_query, &$query_num_rows) {

I know it is probably not a big issue...and probably a simple fix...but I cant figure it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the events calendar running on my site www.katech.com.au

Its working fine and i think its great -

I can edit the stylesheet however the iframe is not inside an info box ?

Can someone please give me advice as to how I can make the calendar appear in the left column inside an infobox?

thanks

adam

__

Regards,

Adam

• 3 weeks later...
amending the lines to include stripslashes() around line 61 of admin/events_manager.php seemed to do the trick if you need to do this. ie if you have Magic Quotes GPC turrned on:

'title' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['title'][$language_id])),
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'description' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id])),

Hi all

can anyone them me why it doesn't work for me?

'description' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id])),

'event_image' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image']),

'OSC_link' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['OSC_link'])),

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?'description' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['description'][$language_id])),

Hi all

can anyone them me why it doesn't work for me?

'event_image' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['event_image']),

'OSC_link' => tep_db_prepare_input(stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['OSC_link'])),

OK, THIS IS NOT THE CORRECT ANSWER

This is why it didn't work...

the stripslashes should be place the the echo code ..

ie:

echo stripslashes($event_array['description'])

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone know why the top of the calendar looks like this: Events Calendar ???

Three little boxes?

http://www.discountcelebrityphoto.com

thanks

Tammy

I was wondering the same thing. I'm anything but a decent PHP coder but I did some investigating because not only did the three little boxes annoy me, but the grey in the iframe was an annoyance also since my page has a white background. Anyway, after some exploring I found if you edit calendar_content.php in /catalog the problems in there.

You'll see the link and the three little annoying boxes you dislike so much, just clean it out. I personally didnt want the link at all. So i just killed the whole thing. Anymore help let me know. Also if you wanna change the color of the iframe just edit the #EDECE9 to a #FFFFFF for white, or whatever color you want.

Sorry I'm not very good at explaining tech support but thats what you need to do to fix your problem. :ph34r:

• 4 weeks later...

HI

I'm trying to install "events calendar", but i get an error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: calendar

Why is that?

THanks

P.S. I'm using this version --> 7 Aug 2003 - Events calendar 2.0 MS2

Hi All,

Anyone know why the top of the calendar looks like this: Events Calendar ???

Three little boxes?

http://www.discountcelebrityphoto.com

thanks

Tammy

Open catalog\calendar_content.php (Line 41) and change the following:

FIND:

echo '<tr><td height="22" class="main" align="left">  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR, 'view=all_events') . '" title="'. BOX_CALENDAR_TITLE .'"target="_parent">'. HEADING_TITLE .' ??? </td></tr>';

REPLACE WITH:

echo '<tr><td height="22" class="main" align="left">  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_EVENTS_CALENDAR, 'view=all_events') . '" title="'. BOX_CALENDAR_TITLE .'"target="_parent">'. HEADING_TITLE .'</td></tr>';

Those little bars above are actually boxes, but this forum does not display them correctly.

StrictlyPC

• 5 months later...

Hello all,

Newbie here, successfully installed Event Calendar,and have added events and product tie-ins through admin page. However, back on catalog page, when I click on any dates with events in the calendar, and the event is displayed, the contents of my cart are emptied.

Does anyone know what may be causing this?

• 5 weeks later...

I have seen a lot of posts on this contrib - and a lot of the ones about split page results was obvious to me - as I noticed it when uploading. Most likely you already have a page called split page results and it does the function this page is trying to also do - so there is no need to upload that page for the calendar at all.

However, my problem is with the Manager in the Admin. My calendar works fine and looks okay on the site. However, when I click on Events Manager in the Admin area, i get a 500 Error.

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Anyone know about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, not sure if people are still looking at this or helping out, but I was wondering if anyone could halp me solve this problem.

We have a client that runs holidays and tours, and I like the calendar idea and what not to help people to find dates easier for the breaks - BUT - is it possible to get the link straight from the calendar to the OSC link instead of going to an events page, then linking to the product. Basically, we already have all the tour information elsewhere on the site, and don't want to keep doubling up on info. By the time they get to the store element they already knoe everything, and simply need to book, so I'd like them to find dates via the calendar, click the link and be taken straight to the product page when they can read last minute info, then book the tour.

Any ideas how to change the link in the calendar view, so it won't link to events_calendar.php but will instead simply link to the OSC product.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks all.

Hello!

First of all congratulations to the author! :D

I was wondering if someone found out how to dispaly months and date in an another language than english. If someone had any idea it would be great.

Thanks a lot!

OSC2.2

Sorry to post again but I realized that the URL link to products or categories in each event doesn't work as I've installed the [cName -pName] contribution!

The link looks like:

http://127.0.0.1/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4

instead of :

http://127.0.0.1/catalog/product_info.php?pName=unreal-tournament

Does anyone uses both contribution out there? :'(

OSC2.2

Hello All,

I got past the original error I was having - it was an idiotic oversight...I had not even uploaded a file..lol

But now I guess I do have some legit problems I need help with.

1) I can not get Images to work at all. I have tried to "upload" one thru admin feature. The name of the image shows up in the db, but nothing shows up on the actual page when viewing. So then I went in and created a new event, and this time put in an absolute path to an image, including http:...and still get the same...

2) I don't have "manufacturers" for my site. All products are books, videos, etc. In the Admin tool, for new event, I select one of my categories of products to link to the event. The page re-loads. Sometimes products are loaded into the drop-down of products (but always listing each product like 5 times...) or I get the next bit of code to show up <!--- categ... and then thats it. Either way, when I do select a product that has loaded, it doesnt show up in the page view...

3) In Admin, clicking on Edit an event...only some of the page loads, and never shows insert, update, etc....

4) I have also been toying with the code, etc. to produce on the page + admin tool + db, Start Time / End Time type of thing...It shows up properly in the admin tool, but not on the page...It may be the db field settings..I will toy with that a bit and let you know if I still come up empty.

Please, if anyone has any advice, tips, solutions, answers or questions about the above....Let me know! :) Thanks.