• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Update Tool v.1.3.1

Has anyone added the "table rate" shipping method to the Order Update Tool? That's the only shipping method I use....I could use some help integrating it... :D

I never understood why this contrib had only a few shipping methods to choose from... I mean the checkout pulls from which methods you have active, so why we can't do that for this mod too, I don't know...

at least in the newest order update tool, there is the option to leave the shipping as is.

The only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

- Edmund Burke

at least in the newest order update tool, there is the option to leave the shipping as is.

True, and that is helpful sometimes. I have an order where part of it is going to be on backorder for a while and I either have to charge no shipping or all of the shipping with the first part of the shipment....Not the way I want to do it.

To tell you the truth, I don't really understand why it need to calculate shipping in the update order tool at all.

If you are updateing the order, you already know what the shiping is.

There should be a dropdown to select what method you are shipping it by, but then a blank text box to enter how much you charged for shipping.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

I am currently working on an Order Editor that is right in the admin panel. Here are some screenshots of its current status.

Top half:

http://www.diyreef.com/Image003.jpg

Bottom half:

http://www.diyreef.com/Image004.jpg

As you can see it adds "order editor" in the left column for easy access and there is also a button placed at the bottom of the admin/orders.php that links to the editor for that particular order id. It adds shipped and backordered fields that will show on invoices and packing slips.

There is still a TON to do on this so it will be quite some time before it is finished. I still need to do the address and shipping cost input fields so that you can easily change those as well. The ability to add new products to the order. The ability to add/change/or remove attributes. I have no clue when it will be finished, but seemed like a fun idea at the time. :shock:

LOL, I can't use it either yet! Only partially anyway. I promise to work my darndest on it...but I can only blow off so much work at my real job. :? If others would like to pitch in it would make it go much quicker. :lookround: