• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Send Extra Order Emails to" not working

I have read all of the forum posts I can find about getting the "Send Extra Order Emails to" functionality to work and I've not been succesful with any of them. Email is working, as I am able to send messages to customers, but there are no order notifications being sent no matter what format I put the email address in. I am submitting test orders, and making sure to return to the shopping cart from PayPal to complete the process.

Is there some special trick I'm missing? Here's how I currently have the email address configured in Send Extra Order Emails to:

Kim <[email protected]>

I've also tried these confirations:

Kim<[email protected]>

<[email protected]>

[email protected]

"Kim"<[email protected]>

"Kim" <[email protected]>

My client is very frustrated by having to constantly sign on to OSCommerce to see if an order has been placed.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I have read all of the forum posts I can find about getting the "Send Extra Order Emails to" functionality to work and I've not been succesful with any of them. Email is working, as I am able to send messages to customers, but there are no order notifications being sent no matter what format I put the email address in. I am submitting test orders, and making sure to return to the shopping cart from PayPal to complete the process.

Is there some special trick I'm missing? Here's how I currently have the email address configured in Send Extra Order Emails to:

Kim <[email protected]>

Kim<[email protected]>

<[email protected]>

[email protected]

"Kim"<[email protected]>

My client is very frustrated by having to constantly sign on to OSCommerce to see if an order has been placed.

re do the email as [email protected] then go through the checkout with an item but select cheque/postal order as a payment method confirm order, and see if that makes any difference, because for some reason i dont get the send extra order email aswell if someone pays by paypal i only get paypal email, but i do get the extra order email if they pay by cheque or postal order, worth a go

Phil

I have noticed the above issue on majority of oscommerce, is due to oscommerce mail function is not function properly, personally recommend to update to the following:

$mail_headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$mail_headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
// Additional headers
$mail_headers .= 'From:' . STORE_NAME .'<' .STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '>'. "\r\n";
$mail_subject = EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT;
$mail_to = SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO; 
$mail_email_body = nl2br($email_order); 
mail($mail_to, $mail_subject, $mail_email_body, $mail_headers);

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

re do the email as [email protected] then go through the checkout with an item but select cheque/postal order as a payment method confirm order, and see if that makes any difference, because for some reason i dont get the send extra order email aswell if someone pays by paypal i only get paypal email, but i do get the extra order email if they pay by cheque or postal order, worth a go

Phil

thanks phil, but I my client's customers will not be paying by check out postal order. appreciate the suggestion though.

I have noticed the above issue on majority of oscommerce, is due to oscommerce mail function is not function properly, personally recommend to update to the following:

$mail_headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$mail_headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
// Additional headers
$mail_headers .= 'From:' . STORE_NAME .'<' .STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS . '>'. "\r\n";
$mail_subject = EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT;
$mail_to = SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO; 
$mail_email_body = nl2br($email_order); 
mail($mail_to, $mail_subject, $mail_email_body, $mail_headers);

thanks web-project. if mdtaylorlrim's email formatting suggestion doesn't work, i'll give this a try and report on what i experience.

thanks web-project. if mdtaylorlrim's email formatting suggestion doesn't work, i'll give this a try and report on what i experience.

web-project. can you tell me what file i should make this update in? i'm not locating any code that looks like what you have presented here. thanks, KimboECU1

I'm thinking it is going to have something to do with Paypal. Do you have any other payment method? Try placing a test order with a COD payment method.

just tried e-check. that didn't work either.

It is in the checkout_process.php file around line 250. And according to that the store owner gets an email also. Do you get that email?

no. neither the customer, nor the owner, nor the 'send extra order emails' recipients get anything. however, the contact us form sends emails just fine, so it's not an email functionality issue. this is really frustrating. i don't know what else to try.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have fixed this problem with a little modification of the source code:

(1) Find in checkout_process.php

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}	

Replace with:

//tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// Begin - Send extra order emails ( Pablo - http://www.twitter.com/pabs_dx )
$enviar_correos_extra = explode(",",SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO); 
       // The explode function will return an array of emails : $enviar_correos_extra[0],$enviar_correos_extra[1],...
foreach($enviar_correos_extra as $correo){
        // Now we can send extra order emails
	tep_mail('',trim($correo), EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
	}  
// End

}

(2) In the Administration Panel we must fill the extra email adresses in this format: [email protected], [email protected]

Sorry for my English.

[same code with variables translated into English]

(1) Find in checkout_process.php

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}	

Replace with:

//tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// Begin - Send Extra Order Emails ( Pablo - http://www.twitter.com/pabs_dx )
$send_extra_emails = explode(",",SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO); 
       // The explode function will return an array of emails: $send_extra_emails[0], $send_extra_emails[1],...
foreach($send_extra_emails as $extra_email){
        // Now we can send extra order emails
	tep_mail('',trim($extra_email), EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
	}  
// End

}

(2) In the Administration Panel we must fill extra email adresses in this format: [email protected], [email protected]

Regards.

Here is a simple fix that worked for me. New Order Email Add-On

Hi,

I didn't know that addon but I think you only can send extra email to STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS or emails you add in checkout_process.php manually.

I wanted a code to send to 2,3 or 16 emails and configure it in the administration panel easily.

• 3 weeks later...

Kim <[email protected]>

Kim<[email protected]>

<[email protected]>

[email protected]

"Kim"<[email protected]>

Did you ever get this fixed?

I am having the same problem after it has been working for nearly a year.

It never worked for PayPal but it was working for all credit card transactions through Authorize.net.

I haven't changed anything and all of a sudden it stopped sending the order confirmations. Like you, I can send email from the application manually.

• 1 year later...

Did anybody ever get this working? I tried all the suggestions and still no luck. Im just looking to get an email when an order is placed to I knew a new order came in.

-Adam

• 1 month later...
[same code with variables translated into English] (1) Find in checkout_process.php
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') { tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS); } 

Replace with:

if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') { //tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS); // Begin - Send Extra Order Emails ( Pablo - http://www.twitter.com/pabs_dx ) $send_extra_emails = explode(",",SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO); // The explode function will return an array of emails: $send_extra_emails[0], $send_extra_emails[1],... foreach($send_extra_emails as $extra_email){ // Now we can send extra order emails tep_mail('',trim($extra_email), EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS); } // End }

(2) In the Administration Panel we must fill extra email adresses in this format: forza@@deportu.es, [email protected] Regards.

not working too

Archived