• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Addon] Freightquote for MVS Shipping Module Support

kymation

This is a modification of the standard Freightquote shipping module that allows it to work with MVS. Optional files are included to allow it to work with the MVS Shipping Estimator as well.

The module download is here.

Regards

Jim

Edited by kymation

See my profile for a list of my addons and ways to get support.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!!

Thanks for the contribution!

Having a problem after install - not getting any errors what so ever.

In admin I am not getting any type of setup for the freight - no checkbox or anything.

At checkout it does not show anything.

The module installs in admin without trouble - I am able to config it. The only thing that doesn't seems to update is the sort order. It always stays at 0.

Can you help??

Thanks Again!

PN

I don't understand what you are saying. First you say that you have no Admin setup, then you say that you have an Admin setup and everything is configured correctly. Which is it?

Regards

Jim

Jim hopefully I am a little more clear on this - sorry for the confusion.

There are no errors shown by the cart after install as you go through the admin side to setup the option for a vendor.

The module installs in admin vendor section without trouble by clicking install button - and I am able to config it. The only thing that doesn't seems to update is the sort order. It always stays at 0 no matter what number you put in the setup.

Also in admin side of the cart when you are editing a product I am not getting any type of setup for the freightquote option - no checkbox or anything like that.

At checkout it does not show anything for freightquote.

Can you help??

Thanks Again!

PN

Jim:

Yes the changes were made to admin/categories. I did not see any changes to be made to the database in the install instructions....did I miss something?

Thanks!

PN

Did you make the changes to admin/categories.php? Did you make the changes to the database?

Regards

Jim

The database changes are made automatically (If your database settings allow that.) Check that the additional fields were added to the Products table. You should have 10 new fields beginning with products_freightquote_.

Regards

Jim

The database changes are made automatically (If your database settings allow that.) Check that the additional fields were added to the Products table. You should have 10 new fields beginning with products_freightquote_.

Regards

Jim

Hello Jim...

I have just checked the database there are in fact 10 new fields in the Products table. Any thoughts?

Thanks again!

Pete

Then it should work. The only thing I can think of is that you missed a change to admin/categories.php. The instructions for this were copied from the official Freightquote instructions, so they should be correct. Check all of the steps again and compare to your modified code.

Regards

Jim

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I have just learned that Freightquote now limits the use of this module to 100 quotes per month, making the module useless.

Regards

Jim

Not true, I run 1000's of quotes per month.  This module has been my saving grace as I only deal in large freight.  Just a FYI :)