• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Analytics, where do i paste the code? How do i get it to work for my OSCommerce site

cyrusfazeli

Hello,

I am an OSCommerce rookie, working on a site for an ECommerce class for my graduate program. I opened up a Google analytics account and did two things that still have not allowed Google Analytics to work:

Created a .php file with the code and FTP'd to my server under Index - didnt work

added the Google Analytics code to a few of the .php files as directed by Google- did not work

Thank you,

Cyrus

Cyrus,

Use phpmyadmin in your hosting account cpanel to run the SQL.

ONLY CHANGE the group id if you already have a table with the default ID in use. In most cases, this won't be necessary.

Chris

i have added my analytics script to the footer.php at the bottom and have never had a problem with it and no need to install a contrib. it will take google a day to pick it up and gather visitor information.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm a newbie to OSCOMMERCE and read a couple of threads on how to add the Google Analytics snippet to OSCOMMERCE in order to get the Analytics. I run OSC V2.2 RC2 and I followed BOWEN's way by adding to Google Analytics snippet of code <script>....</script> to the footer.php file in the includes file (/includes/footer.php) but I also had to change the file permissions to 777 from 555 in order for the footer.php file to be edited. See below the where I entered my snippet of Google code into my footer.php file. Please note after adding the code I set the file permission back to 555. To my delight the Google Analytics is working. To be honest I have to keep and eye on it because I only entered the code in last night but so far so good. I would like to Thank Bowen for his information and if any experts feel that I have done this incorrectly then let me know, as I said I'm a Newbie and just getting my head around this great piece of software :)

<?php

/*

$Id: footer.php,v 1.26 2003/02/10 22:30:54 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'counter.php');

?>

<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];

_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-18468034-4']);

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {

var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;

ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';

var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);

})();

</script>

</td>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '5', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="footer">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">

<tr>

<td style="padding:10px 20px 0 0;"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES.'p1.gif')?></td>

<td class="ft_line_y"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('spacer.gif', '38', '1'); ?></td>

<td style="width:100%;"><span><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('specials.php')?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS?></a> <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('advanced_search.php')?>"><?php echo BOX_SEARCH_ADVANCED_SEARCH?></a> <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('reviews.php')?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_REVIEWS?></a>

<?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?>

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('account.php')?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT?></a>

<?php } else { ?>

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link('create_account.php')?>"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CREATE_ACCOUNT?></a>

<?php } ?>

Archived