• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Site Secure

Hi Heather, if you follow the guide on this thread you will have a much more secure site than a default osCommerce install.

You can test a site by testing it thoroughly, especially for known vulnerabilities, as well as doing server checks, like checking what ports are open etc.

I have used most of the security suggestions from this thread. However I am I not able to use them all. Security Pro gave me errors so I had to uninstall that. And I also was not able to use all of the htaccess codes for the same reason.

What are the known vulnerabilities? And how does one check which ports are open?

Thanks again,

Heather

Hi Heather, if you follow the guide on this thread you will have a much more secure site than a default osCommerce install.

You can test a site by testing it thoroughly, especially for known vulnerabilities, as well as doing server checks, like checking what ports are open etc.

Hi,

Use an xss scanner such as Acunetix free edition and "google" Free McAfee PCI Scan which once registered allows you to run on demand PCI Scans on upto 6 domains.

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

I just did a quick site check and have found the following two files in my main directory: gog1kbhwe96y25.tmp and googlef1ab46d07785.php I don't recall these files being here before. So if they are hacker files then I was hacked AFTER using what security settings I could use.

I just did a quick site check and have found the following two files in my main directory: gog1kbhwe96y25.tmp and googlef1ab46d07785.php I don't recall these files being here before. So if they are hacker files then I was hacked AFTER using what security settings I could use.

Look in the files and see what is in them. The *could* be files put there to verify to Google that you own the site. I would think you would remember if you did that. Anyone else help you out with SEO stuff?

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

I haven't done any SEO stuff yet as I want to be sure I am secure before I "go live". those files are not files that I added.

Look in the files and see what is in them. The *could* be files put there to verify to Google that you own the site. I would think you would remember if you did that. Anyone else help you out with SEO stuff?

Archived