• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can spiders (google specifically) see my entire site?

cgutzmer

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now.... Is there some way to verify that my site is set up properly for search engines to parse my entire site? It LOOKS like they are only able to index my home page of my shop but I dont really know how to tell for sure.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Gutzmer

Thanks Jack! What is FF? I am not familiar with that acronym. I am trying to find some of those sites now. It looks like my site item pages are not indexed for some reason.... now I need to figure out why.

Chris

Chris Gutzmer

I have been trying to figure this out for a while now.... Is there some way to verify that my site is set up properly for search engines to parse my entire site? It LOOKS like they are only able to index my home page of my shop but I dont really know how to tell for sure.

Thanks

Chris

Hi

Are you referring to the site listed in your profile? I had a look, and it only seems to consist of about 5 pages total. All of them are indexed in google. Put this into Google

site:www.mysite.com (replace with your web address)

You can't force a spider to index anything.

Using rhe meta tag telling them it's OK is a start.

The generic form is:

<meta name="robots" content="index,follow">

Even using that, they won't index the entire site after just one crawl.

But after enough crawls the entire site will get indexed.

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived