• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[REQUEST] 10% off for product review submissions

Just had this great idea for a mod that would allow you to have discounts according to your approved product reviews.

Could be like:

Customer bought $100 worth and get 10% off for submitting 2 reviews

2 reviews submitted thus customer get 10% off any product under $100

Could be anything.

I think it would make a great contribution as many stores seem to be more popular and have more sales with more product reviews.

Why not add the coupon mod and send them a coupon as their reward? You can set it up for a minimum purchase etc. and you can cutomize the message in an email.

You can also track the coupon ... and you can put an expiration date on it too so that you don't have customers coming back a year later and asking for their 10% off... :D

For simplicity, you might consider using the members discount contribution, or for more control Customer Status by elari.

Trust me, I'm an Accountant.

my thoughts about an improved review contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/viewtopic.php...ghlight=reviews

I'd be interested in helping to fuund any such development effort.

I'm interested in throwing some bucks into a coupon improvement project like this, too!!

For my money... I'd also love to see reciprocal coupons. Something like a simple affiliate system for ordinary consumers, whereby they get issued coupons to give friends, that will issue one back to them (or fund their gift voucher fund) every time a referred friends buy from them. Kinda like the $5 automatic friend referral fee from paypal. You get $5, you friend gets $5. No affiliate program to join, but it got massive #s of people int the system.