• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal hacked!

khoking

Hi,

I have experienced several times where an order was recorded in my OSC admin and paid via PayPal. However, in my Paypal account that hacker has managed to tweak to pay only USD0.01 and somehow managed to trick my store to record the order as PAID.

Anybody knows what's the problem / loophole that I need to close?

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Hi,

I have experienced several times where an order was recorded in my OSC admin and paid via PayPal. However, in my Paypal account that hacker has managed to tweak to pay only USD0.01 and somehow managed to trick my store to record the order as PAID.

Anybody knows what's the problem / loophole that I need to close?

This was a problem with the very old paypal module that used to come with osC but I have not heard of this with the newer Paypal IPN module.

This was a problem with the very old paypal module that used to come with osC but I have not heard of this with the newer Paypal IPN module.

Hi Java Roasters,

Do you have any suggestion how I fix this?

I am using the by default PayPal module, $Id: paypal.php,v 1.39 2003/01/29 19:57:15 hpdl Exp $.

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

could it not be an error on your site and you have named an innocent customer?

Nic

Hi Nic,

No mistake and that hacker actually did 3 orders at my store with each paid USD0.01. Guess what...PayPal took all as the commission for each transaction is more than that amount already.

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Hi Nic,

No mistake and that hacker actually did 3 orders at my store with each paid USD0.01. Guess what...PayPal took all as the commission for each transaction is more than that amount already.

simply refund the order and you get the charges back, unless you are willing to fulfil the order at your cost.

P.S. Don't forget to update the PayPal module.

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived