• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy questions here...

Propaganda

Hi all

Ok, so from what I gather the shipping mods/addons just give live rates for orders then whom ever processes the orders on my end actually goes to UPS/USPS/FEDEX (website) and enter the info there to attain a label and tracking. Is this right? Or do the mods/addons setup all that for you and you just go the shipping website after the fact to print out the labels and copy/paste the tracking number into a confirmation email for your customers?

Is there something in place where the payment/shipping information and tracking number/shipping label/confirmation emails/ are processed all in one shot? Or do I just have to accomplish that through an assortment of addons?

I just want to ask before I take the few days to install the addons. such as USPXML_v1_3_7, uspsShippingWDeliveryTimeAndInsurance, Package Tracking Plus 2_2, order_editor_5_0_9. Side question would paypal interfere with any of the shipping mods?

any suggestions would rock the socks.

All of the shipping add ons on the customer side are shipping estimators. I believe there are one or two add-on that work on the admin side and do create labels but I cannot point you to one. I would not be comfortable leaving that function to an automated add-on as any error might result in shipping delays or paying too much...

Your mileage will vary..

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

any suggestions would rock the socks.

I am also headed down this road soon and would appreciate any suggestions from folks or a report of what you find out, Propaganda.

My #1 need is copying shipping information to the label making process so that nobody has to transpose by hand. That would be redundant an error-prone, not to mention silly. I'm going to need USPS and UPS.

--------------------------------

Justin

osC is awesome. Thanks everyone.

Well, I have not figured out much more yet. I am waiting for osCMax 2.1 to come out before I continue. (a week for the beta!)

However, Paypal integrates with UPS for sure and I think USPS perhaps. IDK, I don't have anything outside of a sandbox or a personal account setup yet.

Would anyone like to chime in about shipping procedures and such.