• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Install

robertw477

I just installed Easy Populate in my oscommerce site (2.2) it does nto show up in my admin panel. DOnt know what went wrong. Appreciate any help.

Rob

www.bigapplecard.com

You might check your install steps, step by step, again. I don't use EP but things normally don's just show up automagically, you have to enter the code. You might have missed a step.

Maybe someone else will come along that has installed it and knows for sure...

Community Bootstrap Edition, Edge

Avoid the most asked question. See How to Secure My Site and How do I...?

You might check your install steps, step by step, again. I don't use EP but things normally don's just show up automagically, you have to enter the code. You might have missed a step.

Maybe someone else will come along that has installed it and knows for sure...

Actually the installation procedure is wrong. It tells you to modify catalog.php, but it only adds a string to a label in the admin panel, not a real link to EP.

My fix:

You go to catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

Around line 26, you add this:

// Patch for easy populate
 define('FILENAME_EASY_POPULATE', 'easypopulate.php');
 // End patch for easy populate

then in catalog/admin/includes/boxes, you add

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' . 

I put that line right after:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

It should fix it.

Kiskit

I would have thought you need something like

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

You really should replace easypopulate.php and "Easy Populate" if you want your admin pages to be muti-lingual but this will get you going.

HTH

G

Edited by geoffreywalton

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

I would have thought you need something like

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>' .

You really should replace easypopulate.php and "Easy Populate" if you want your admin pages to be muti-lingual but this will get you going.

HTH

G

Agree, it's just a quick fix, assuming your admin panel will always be in English, or assuming that the admin will always understand what easy populate means :).

Clean version requires one file modification per language. Too lazy.

Kiskit