• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing the Main Banner (header)

rickmx13

Hi im using the Item number: 26823 Type: OsCommerce 2.2 RC2a , and it have a main banner with animation , like a car parts moving , and i want to change this banner and put another animation , or if it's not possible only change the text on it.

i've look for the header_v8.swf file in the server and y create a new one with the same name and replace it , i tought that this will change it in the page but it dont .

What can i do to change it in my page .

Thanks

Ricardo,

You have a purchased template. You should seek support from the template creator as template creators often have changed the base osCommerce code so much that it is difficult to say what you should do.

However, it would stand to reason that if you change the .swf file using the same name that you should be able to use your .swf in its place.

Chris

Change in the index.php :

<tr><td class="banner1">

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="width:980px;"><tr><td><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,24" width="980" height="346">

<param name="movie" value="flash/header_v8.swf?button=1" />

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="menu" value="false" />

<!--[if !IE]> <-->

<object data="flash/header_v8.swf?button=1"

width="980" height="346" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

<param name="quality" value="high" />

<param name="menu" value="false" />

<param name="pluginurl" value="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

FAIL (the browser should render some flash content, not this).

</object>

<!--> <![endif]>

</object></td></table>

</td></tr>

Here to write your own swf file. If you do not succeed, give me an ftp access, and help you.

Miltenyi,

You realize that flash animation is in the header right ? So, him changing the index.php would do no good.

Again, over-writing the .swf in the /images directory should change it on the website.

Chris

Operation is not affected when you replace the swf file. Replace or static banner, picture, etc.. Enough crude method is simply to rewrite the contents of the files.

Otherwise, the template creator should have been given an editable FLA file.