• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flat rates shipping taxes for the different continents

nighteaglebg

Hi I would like to use the flat rate for the shipping but not for all the world so i want to set different prices for the different consents.

I suppose i have to organize this using the zone but I'm not sure? :(

Could you please help me with this. :)

Normally, you do not collect taxes based on the shipping destination..unless you are Canadian that is >_< . However if your country does require this, there is currently no way to do this. If you do find a way, please post it for us.

Chris

I didn't express my self correct. Not taxes but different shipping prices based on the shipping destination since the base office will be based in Europe and the price for shipping some item to some country in Europe will be lower the shipping in Australia.

• 1 year later...

I didn't express my self correct. Not taxes but different shipping prices based on the shipping destination since the base office will be based in Europe and the price for shipping some item to some country in Europe will be lower the shipping in Australia.

It can be done relatively easily if you know php. We currently have 19 different postal destination zones with associated rates based on weight/length.

It's not possible (or I haven't found a way) to do this solely within the osC system - so it requires some extra coding to select the relevant zone/rate from the country code/weight/length combinations. This also offers a filtering process to allow/block certain destination countries from being able to order from the site.

It could probably be made neater and incorporated more into the core of osC but I have neither the time nor inclination to do so. (At this moment in time).

Porpoises are most happy when wet!

\ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _ \ _

Taxes are based on the delivery/shipping destination not the address to which the invoice is sent.

OSC does this as standard.

The zones shipping method can be changed to work for as many zones as you want simply by editing 1 line in /includes/modules/payment/zones.php and you might have to add extra title fields in the language file.

Believe it works by wt not order value.

There is also a rest of the world add-on that is very useful.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived