• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

1146 - Table '*.paypal_rp_product_profile' doesn't exist

benjimoxa

OK. I wish that I could say I was a pro at this but I have been working on this shop for quite a while and have an issue! BACKSTORY: I customized the design of the shop. After installing the shop to server, I came across several issues and errors. They were all related, apparently, to the installation of my version of osCommerce onto version 5 of MySQL. I found a help file and had to manually go in and change LOTS of lines in the code on several pages in order to make the site work properly....all in the name of exploring osCommerce...no problem!

Current issue: After doing all my configuring of my catalogs and what-not, I needed to install (activate) PayPal Express Checkout as the payment module. I went to PayPal's website for the instructions. This lead me to download "release_2009_5_29.zip". It included instructions to add/replace certain php files on the server. Reluctantly, I backed up my precious files and manually placed the "newer" files in their respective locations. I was pleased to view the site and see that everything was not in complete disarray. However, if I click on ANY item to view it I get the following error:

1146 - Table 'db334773454.paypal_rp_product_profile' doesn't exist

SELECT billingPeriod, billingFrequency, totalBillingCycles, trialBillingPeriod, trialBillingFrequency, trialTotalBillingCycles, trialAmt FROM paypal_rp_product_profile WHERE products_id=210

[TEP STOP]

I have searched through the forums here and also at the MySQL forums for an answer. However, I am either to dumb to find a relating topic...or I have created a completely original error that no one has seen before. I think it has more to do with my level of intelligence. Someone please help me. If you want to view the site please feel free:

http://giftshop.cypressspringsprayercenter.com/osc/

I am going to beat myself with a hammer until I get an answer.... <_<

Thanks!

I'm not familiar with this particular PayPal product, but I'll bet you forgot to run some code to create that table. There should be either instructions to run some SQL commands in phpMyAdmin's SQL tab, or a PHP script that you need to fire off. Presumably if you go into phpMyAdmin right now and look at the list of tables, you won't see a table of that name.

P.S. Next time put your PayPal questions in the PayPal section!

Edited by MrPhil

Sorry for putting this post in the wrong area. I'm new to all of this. Yes. I did just that. There are no tables by that name. BUT there are no SQL commands or php codes that I could find in the provided instructions. The file simply had a list of folders and files to merge into my catalog file...which I did very meticulously. I did see that the files were meant for "osCommerce 2.2 RC2A" and I found out that I actually have "osCommerce 2.2-MS2." Not really sure how much difference this makes. I do have my files backed up so if I need to recover them I can. I just wish that I knew more about osCommerce working with PayPal so that I could have a better understand how the two work together.

I really need a solution. Thanks for any help.

I went back and double-checked all my files that were supposed to be copied over and I re-copied them (replacing the files). Now you can actually click on the items with no errors, but when you add them to the cart you get:

1146 - Table 'db334773454.paypal_rp_product_profile' doesn't exist

SELECT billingPeriod, billingFrequency, totalBillingCycles, trialBillingPeriod, trialBillingFrequency, trialTotalBillingCycles, trialAmt FROM paypal_rp_product_profile WHERE products_id=210

[TEP STOP]

Very confusing stuff!

There must be instructions somewhere about how to add that table. Get a fresh copy of your PayPal code and look very carefully. Search their site and ask them what to do (is there a community forum, or support group?). Any script file that you added to your site, that you were supposed to run to create the file? Look in all the files you added, and see if there's anything that includes CREATE TABLE. It's possible that one is meant to be run to update the database.

As for the version, you'd be much better off upgrading to the final version of osC, which is 2.2 RC2a. Then you'll be as up to date as possible (although there are other changes that should be made, for MySQL 5 and PHP 5.3 compatibility, bug fixes, and security issues -- starting with http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=313323 ). And, you'll be more comfortable that your PayPal code is fully compatible with your osC code.

Thanks for the advice. I will investigate this. I am using this version of osC because I had a template that was written in it. I am very new to osC and I think I would have had a much harder time designing around a fresh copy of osC. I think, if I ever need to do this again, I will try to work with the freshest copy of osC, fix any bugs/compatibility/security issues and then work on custom designing the site...instead of the other way around.

I know someone who has a store using an older version of osC (hopefully the same as mine) and they have PayPal operational on their site. I think I'm going to try to contact them and see what they think I need to do. I have been forward and backward through the files (scripts) that were provided by PayPal. I haven't received any support from PayPal or their forums. I may also view other payment modules. I'll keep this forum open until I resolve the issue. I will be working on it today until it is resolved...one way or another! Thanks!

Wondering if you managed to fix this error? I get the exact same problem.

I also downloaded the pack from the paypal website - there are no instructions that I can see for creating a table, nor an sql file to upload to create one...

I'm also new to this but if it's there, it's hidden well

There is nothing in the instructions that says you need to do anything extra, it says by installing via the admin panel it will create what is necessary

Wondering if you managed to fix this error? I get the exact same problem.

I also downloaded the pack from the paypal website - there are no instructions that I can see for creating a table, nor an sql file to upload to create one...

I'm also new to this but if it's there, it's hidden well

There is nothing in the instructions that says you need to do anything extra, it says by installing via the admin panel it will create what is necessary

Hello My Friend & Fellow osCommerce Newbie! :thumbsup:

After MUCH research and trial I have done the following to get a PayPal solution to operate on the site. AND I am including the information with instructions and notes on my web server for you to use with ease!

1. The more I read, the more I discovered more people having issues with PayPal Checkout Express. So I decided to use PayPal Website Payments Standard for the site instead. Then I found an "older" PayPal module on the osCommerce support site.

2. I uninstalled all the "junk" or non-functioning files that I was attempting to work with. I simply reverted to a backup copy of my site that I had made before I attempting the install of PayPal modules.

3. I read the instructions that where included in the module...they, of course, were not descriptive enough for my newbie knowledge, so I had to do a little leg work. All the PayPal IPN, API, PEM, "Your Private Key", "Your Public Certificate", "PayPals Public Certificate", "PayPal Public Certificate ID"...*add your extra PayPal acronyms here* was completely confusing the hell outta me. I called PayPal and spoke to a live person. (Yeah, don't even try to use their "Automated Chat Helper"!) PayPal informed me that I did not need all the private key jazz that was in the documentation. I added my own notations to the instructions and uploaded the instructions to my server. You can access them here: My Instructions For Installing

4. Then I opened my FTP client (I use SmartFTP - it's not free but I really like the interface). I opened the "paypal_standard_1_0" file and copied the files, one-by-one, to the folders were they corresponded. Of course, my version of osCommerce does not have a "catalog" folder...it is an "osc" folder. But you are probably at least a little familiar with your folder structure by now. I also put the files you will need on my server, you will need to copy them (they are in a compressed RAR file): www.cypressspringsprayercenter.com/ppinstall/paypal_standard_1_0.rar

5. Then I logged into my admin and configured the PayPal Standard. As I stated before you do not need to enter anything for the "Your Private Key", "Your Public Certificate", "PayPals Public Certificate" or "Your PayPal Public Certificate ID". You also do not need to enter "Working Directory" or change the "OpenSSL Location".

6. I also logged into my PayPal and created a custom payment page and entered that title into the "Page Style" in the payment module but that is just a personal preference.

I sincerely hope this helps someone. I'm not sure why they make it so difficult for people to use their products. ENJOY! :D

Edited by benjimoxa