• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add to Customers Cart & Edit

Mort-lemur

Hi,

I have been trying to sort this out for ages without success.

Also been speaking to Multimixer on the subject.

Does anyone know of a way I can add items to a customers cart, then edit the price of the item so that when a customer logs in he can go through the checkout and payment process?

We were thinking of mabe an addition to order maker / editor.

Anyone got any good ideas or advice on this one?

Many Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

you can create the order from the admin panel using the "Create Order" module and modify the account_history_info.php file to get the PayPal Pay button if the order status stated "Awaiting Payment".

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Hi,

Thanks, that would be one way, but it relies on the customer being able to go to the right invoice to pay then paying the right amount.

There must be a way to insert modified products into a customers cart so he can choose his own payment method (I offer 3) and checkout in the usual way

Thanks

Now running on a fully modded, Mobile Friendly 2.3.4 Store with the Excellent MTS installed - See my profile for the mods installed ..... So much thanks for all the help given along the way by forum members.

What if they add an item to the cart that is priced at $1 and you just adjust the quantity in the order editor?? Its hard to really help without knowing what you are selling and why you want to / need to do this

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Ok thanks - Ill try to explain:

Some of the items I sell are plants / soft fruit bushes etc - in large quantities (wholesale direct from nursery)

They are seasonal and Im taking orders now for an October Delivery.

I added the products to the site with a nominal £10 deposit so a customer can pre-book his plants and I have the security of the deposit to book a quantity from the nursery.

So - come October I will need to bill and be paid for the balance + shipping costs.

I could ask them to phone and pay by card - but I like to keep all orders and payments within OSC as its easier for reporting tax etc.

So if I could add the original batch of plants to their basket, then minus the £10 deposit they paid, then email them instructing them to log into their account and pay the balance before the items are shipped.

Is my need a little clearer now ?

Thanks

What if you used the gift voucher module?? What you do is have your "deposit" product set as a gift voucher and make the cost $10.. The customer purchases that product and chooses the type of plant from the drop down menu (attributes to the gift voucher) and then in the comments form at checkout add additional notes about their wholesale order.

Then, when it comes time to actually pay their final balance you create an order for them through the manual invoice system with the proper REAL products and the total amount. You let them know that they are able to login and checkout and their $10 balance is in their account and they just need to apply it at checkout.

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Hi,

Thanks Lindsay,

Thats a good way of doing what I need, I would have to create individual discount codes on a use once only basis per customer, as some have paid deposits an a variety of plants, and I will use this way when the time comes to invoice in October.

However, it still relies on a customer taking a specific action and using a code. Is there really no way just to add an order to a customers cart (I can do this using master password) and have the ability to then edit what is in their cart ?

Many Thanks

I think that the gift vouchr solution is a good idea about Heathers particular issue, people buy a voucher that will be deducted when they place their actual order in a later moment.

The original question is still open: How do I create an "order" and then invite the customer to login and complete the checkout, mainly to pay online? thats the point.

I think there are 2 different points of view available

1) Add items to customers cart.

1.1) This can be done via the master password addon: login as a customer, add items to the cart, logout. In his next login, customer will find his cart full and can checkout selecting shipping and payment

1.2) There are a couple of addons that let you create/edit the basket, they don't look up to date, but for sure they could be a start: Restore Order For Customer Change V1 and Basket create. There are also some others that go in the oposite way, that means to find baskets of customers that didn't chekout and do some actions (delete, send email etc)

2) Use the Manual Order Maker and Order Editor to manually create orders

Here everything works fine, there is just (?) the issue that the module create completed orders. There is no action to do anymore, the customer can not pay or confirm the order. Customer and admin can just watch the order in the order history. The only way to get the money is to send COD or pickup or any offline method. The main purpose of this is to archive offline orders into osCommerce

An idea about what could be done here, is to set a special status to manual orders, ie "need confirmation" then, maybe using a reorder module just for the orders with this particular status, to let the customer reorder the same order and in the same time delete the manual order. There could be a email option or a link somewhere to let the customer find the right order to reorder/confirm/pay

An other way would be to let the order editor to write the order into the 2 art tables of DB instead of the 2 order tables. There is already a "virtual cart" being used in the order editor

Just some thoughts

An idea about what could be done here, is to set a special status to manual orders, ie "need confirmation" then, maybe using a reorder module just for the orders with this particular status, to let the customer reorder the same order and in the same time delete the manual order. There could be a email option or a link somewhere to let the customer find the right order to reorder/confirm/pay

Hi George,

Could order maker/editor not have an option to either write orders to the orders table or write to the customers cart?

This would be a great way of tying everything together and would to an extent do away with manual paper invoices, as the customer could come to the shop to pay any outstanding balances, and who knows, may even add more items to his cart at the same time.

Im sure that this would not be too difficult to one of the coding experts - any takers ?

Thanks

Thought I had found a work round for this - but not quite.

I used master password to add an item to the customers cart, then proceeded to just before confirming the order.

An order was generated on the system, but the item stays in the cart.

I then went to Phpmyadmin and tried to find the table where the price of the item in the cart is stored so I could edit it directly in the sql database - But I cant find it !!!

Where is the price of an item in the cart stored?

Many Thanks

Im Confused - in the customers_basket table the final price is a null value, I have tried making it non - null and adding a value, but this does not change the value of the item in the cart.

Thanks

Hi,

Thanks Lindsay,

Thats a good way of doing what I need, I would have to create individual discount codes on a use once only basis per customer, as some have paid deposits an a variety of plants, and I will use this way when the time comes to invoice in October.

However, it still relies on a customer taking a specific action and using a code. Is there really no way just to add an order to a customers cart (I can do this using master password) and have the ability to then edit what is in their cart ?

Many Thanks

You are thinking abotu this backwards.. no, you do not create a discount code.. The customer purchases an actual gift voucher.. They pay $10 and the next time they checkout they use that $10 to apply to their orders.. You do nothing.

Now, as far as them placing an order for specific products, you need to let them apply a product or value to each gift card.. That is where attributes would come in handy..

SO the customer ends up on the "deposit" product which actually is a gift voucher. In that product description there are check boxes with the names of all of the types of plants you will be offering.. You can make the text linkable to a product description, but they will have to come back and check off all of the products they want.

Once they have checked off all of the types of plants that they want to order they add the DEPOSIT product to cart which contains the list of attributes (plant names) and checkout. they pay you $10

That $10 is put into their account and waiting for them to spend it

YOU now go in and create a new invoice for them / their name and add the actual plants and their cost to their account. You arent creating a cart, but an actual invoice.

The customer logs in and pays.. WHen they pay they are given the choice to apply their $10 deposit to the final total.. That deducts $10 from the total.

The customer logs in and pays.. WHen they pay they are given the choice to apply their $10 deposit to the final total.. That deducts $10 from the total.

I think thats the point. How to pay when the order is already closed?

Thanks Lindsay,

But that would not work for me, The customer, in many cases, buys a number of batches of plants - with a £10. deposit for each batch so would then say need 6 £10 vouchers for 6 batches, then be able to enter all six vouchers at checkout.

Well then all you do is have them add multiple $10 vouchers with different attributes applied.. Simple..

They add a $10 voucher to their cart with attributes Shrubs.. Then they add another $10 voucher and choose perenials, etc... That will put $20 in their account and when they go to finally pay they have $20 in their account to apply to the final payment for the two different types or orders they placed..

Mulitmixer - that was MY point original, but the OP was confused and talking about generating coupon codes.. To answer your question, to create the order you use the create invoice / order addon.. That lets you create an order for the customer and they login and see that they need to pay and go to checkout for the full amout,.

Hi Lindsay,

Thanks fot taking the time to help.

I just feel that your way is putting a lot of responsibility and complication on the customer, he has to buy the correct amount of vouchers, then some months later come back to the store and in effect buy the same items again - if he can remember what he actually wanted in the first place.

If I can find some way to put the items in his cart for him, and adjust the price to deduct the deposit paid, then when he logs into the site he is already taken to checkout as there are items in his cart and he can pay and be on his way in a few moments, rather than having to shop again and potentially buy the wrong varieties than he origibally ordered.

Thanks Again

How is requiring them to choose their products and redeem their deposit value a lot??

he has to buy the correct amount of vouchers just like a tshirt customer has to buy the correct amount of tshirts..

Obviously the guy HAS to come back later and repurchase because you are not legally allowed to store CC data.. So he HAS to come back.. YOU will have added an invoice to the account so YOU added the products that he added.. ALL he needs to do is click REDEEM on checkout and fill out the CC info again..

You, my friend, don't give any credit to customers and are trying to automate things in the wrong way..

Hi Lindsay,

Sorry If Im annoying you, I dont mean to, but exactly how do I add the order so that he can then check-out? I have looked in the contributions for the create invoice / order addon but cannot find it.

The only method I currently have to add an order is the manual order maker / editor or master password.

Thanks

Well.. why doesnt the create a manual order work?? OR the master password.. it is what they say those are for..

You need to basically test to see what the best option is to create an order for the customer to checkout with.. I have never used them, so that is your job.. but the voucher system is the way to go for deposits.

The current manual order editor ( 2 addons: Manual Order Maker and Order Editor) does not have this, desired, option, to let the customer login in a later moment to pay, confirm or do anything with the order

With this addons, admin creates the order that is getting stored in the order tables of DB. All shipping and payment info need to be entered during the order creation process. For an existing order anything can be changed, items, prices, shipping payment, but, there is also no action to do from the customers side. No online payment and no confirmation

This may be ok, if I get the customers confirmation by phone and if I ship with any offline payment (ie COD). The only way to get an online payment, is to know the customers cc details, which is unacceptable.

The desired result is, that admin creates an order (or change an order) and then customer login to confirm and make the payment, as Lindsay described it

How to do that?

Like mentioned above, one way would be to write he admin order into the shopping cart instead of order tables, other way is to create an order with a special status, then customer reorder the same order via the order history, in the moment of reordering, the admin order gets deleted.

I don't know what would e the better way

You shouold create a new table in the DB for invoices orders.. Then you write your new created order to that table.. then you create an area in the customer account area where the user can log in and see their invoiced orders or pending payment orders and click and checkout. This wouldt use order history because they would not be reordering, but instead be completing your initialized order.

Obviously this takes some custom development, but i am sure it can be done.

Archived