• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Multi-Store Hang-up

patrick51

Hello Everyone

I am a new member and new user of OSCommerce. Out of the box it's a great application with a great track record. Where it gets messy is when you need to install a complex contribution like MS 1730. Very cool concept and exactly what I need but alas I cannot get a clean installation. I have tried twice and have gotten only partial success. The admin page is visible but all the relevant links to Configuration/Administrator and Administrator are empty. Most of the text in the admin is displayed in terms of defined variables such as TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED, TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE, TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE, etc. I don't quite understand what the configure and configure2 files are all about. I have store1 and store2 installed as new out of the box OSCommerce v2.2 on my localhost and they both appear in the Configuration/Multi-Stores. I have each store pointed to its location on my localhost.

Has anyone run into similar problems?Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance

Patrick

MS Contribution 1730

I don't know much about this contribution, but I can say that the following variables: TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED, TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE, TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE

are only because some installation step has been skipped!

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

I don't know much about this contribution, but I can say that the following variables: TEXT_INFO_DATE_ADDED, TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_VALUE, TABLE_HEADING_CONFIGURATION_TITLE

are only because some installation step has been skipped!

Thanks for the input. I tried again today with a fresh installation and the results were similar. The "updatesql" file used to update my database was riddled with faulty sql statements that needed to be corrected. Even with getting the sql statements returning no errors, I still have no access to the Configuration/Administrators and Administrators links in the admin menu. All I get are blank pages.

Patrick

:o(