• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Anyone modified EP 2.76i for Products Short Description?

jestep

I am using 2.76i. I finally figured out how to get the Product Special Price to work every time. Take one small group of products and do a download on the fly. I turn on every option except attributes. This will create a CSV file. Elsewhere I build an EP file to upload. My last step is to copy column by column from the EP data created elsewhere into the the downloaded file. Really all I needed was the header. When this file is uploaded with special prices they work just fine, but if I had tried to upload the data I created elsewhere, then the special price does not show up in the new product. Two things to watch for are excess blank category fields that can be deleted from the downloaded file and there will be no HTC fields downloaded, but they can be add to the uploaded file which is in essence just the saved header with new data added in column by column.

Uploading 1000 records at a time works just fine for me.

The latest version by Surfalot (2.76i)works quite well and it has some suggested code for those of us who have implemented the Cieto Featured Products contribution. I made a temp version of 2.76i and tried to carefully make the suggested changes and I really thought it might work. It did not work for me. So I took the Products Short Description field out of my data and went back to 2.76i.

If anyone anywhere in the world has modified 2.76i and can upload Products Short Description I would sure like to hear from you and get a copy of you code.

Also, if anyone anywhere in the world has modified 2.76i to get the 3 HTC fields to download I would sure like to hear from you and get a copy of you code.

Joseph E. "Joe" Stephenson
[email protected]

I am using 2.76i. I finally figured out how to get the Product Special Price to work every time. Take one small group of products and do a download on the fly. I turn on every option except attributes. This will create a CSV file. Elsewhere I build an EP file to upload. My last step is to copy column by column from the EP data created elsewhere into the the downloaded file. Really all I needed was the header. When this file is uploaded with special prices they work just fine, but if I had tried to upload the data I created elsewhere, then the special price does not show up in the new product. Two things to watch for are excess blank category fields that can be deleted from the downloaded file and there will be no HTC fields downloaded, but they can be add to the uploaded file which is in essence just the saved header with new data added in column by column.

The latest version by Surfalot (2.76i)works quite well and it has some suggested code for those of us who have implemented the Cieto Featured Products contribution. I made a temp version of 2.76i and tried to carefully make the suggested changes and I really thought it might work. It did not work for me. So I took the Products Short Description field out of my data and went back to 2.76i.

If anyone anywhere in the world has modified 2.76i and can upload Products Short Description I would sure like to hear from you and get a copy of you code.

Also, if anyone anywhere in the world has modified 2.76i to get the 3 HTC fields to download I would sure like to hear from you and get a copy of you code.

hi doesn't that version have custom fields ?

here is one i added extra fields to give you an idea using custom fields

$custom_fields[TABLE_PRODUCTS] = array('products_cost' => 'Costs', 'products_ordered' => 'Ordered', 'products_bundle' => 'Bundle', 'products_pdfupload' => 'video/pdf'); // this line is used if you have no custom fields to import/export

Steve

[email protected]

From what I can see & understand, if I follow the comments in 2.76i of Easy Populate, only two changes are necessary to implement Products Short Descriptions:

1) Add a new data field: v_products_short_description_1

2) Change line 301 to look like 288 omitting the //

Unfortunately, when I do this I get an error 1054 Unknown column 'products_short_description' in 'field list'

I suspect something else needs to be changed because without the field being added and without the change at 301 it works just great. Any ideas? (PS I only want suggested changes to 2.76i - Thanks Joe

[email protected]

• 6 months later...

From what I can see & understand, if I follow the comments in 2.76i of Easy Populate, only two changes are necessary to implement Products Short Descriptions:

1) Add a new data field: v_products_short_description_1

2) Change line 301 to look like 288 omitting the //

Unfortunately, when I do this I get an error 1054 Unknown column 'products_short_description' in 'field list'

I suspect something else needs to be changed because without the field being added and without the change at 301 it works just great. Any ideas? (PS I only want suggested changes to 2.76i - Thanks Joe

The line that you changed in easypopulate.php, what does it say exactly?

And what exactly is the title of the extra field in product_description that you added to your database? v_products_short_description_1 ?