• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simplest way to manage inventory of Attributes as Products

lindsayanng

I know that QT pro manages the quantity of attributes well, but i have never used it and reading the description and all of the patches makes it sound like over kill.. I need some super SUPER simple to manage attributes' stock.. The client is still tshirts, so obviously we need to manage inventory and quantity and that is it..

I have a highly modified cart to begin with, so that is why I am looking for the simplest solution.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I need some super SUPER simple to manage attributes' stock..

While my JoomEcom contribution does not presently monitor product attributes release 1.2 will. It is in the works. This is a major lacking in osc unfortunately.

As useful as your contribution seems to be, it seems to be overkill from what I am trying to do. I don't feel that a cart needs to do the book keeping and P&L - i think that is best done by the book keeping software in my opinion. I really am looking for a SUPER SIMPLE contribution for this.. Something that all it does is track attribute inventory as products instead of just product inventory. I do agree that its a sorely lacking feature from the core since attributes usually mean same type of product but still a different priduct.

The reason I need to truely track this on the site is we want to continue to let people order even when the inventory is 0, but instead display a message saying "PRE ORDER THIS ITEM"

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Archived