• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Not Adding Products To Categories

To be more specific,

I upload the file, and I see it adds the products, but it does not add any categories in the side bar. So how do I get it to add the products and add the categories?

Im having the same issue... I was directed to the Easy populate forum but I haven't found the answer yet........ http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/162244-easy-populate-products-attributes/ is the forum... Lets stick togeather because I cant seem to reach someone who knows because from my understanding, everyone on here does not use easy populate but when I asked what data feed system like EP is used by them or anyone, they act like they are too good to tell.... Im starting to get upset.

Edited by ghostplanetllc

Im having the same issue... I was directed to the Easy populate forum but I haven't found the answer yet........ http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/topic/162244-easy-populate-products-attributes/ is the forum... Lets stick togeather because I cant seem to reach someone who knows because from my understanding, everyone on here does not use easy populate but when I asked what data feed system like EP is used by them or anyone, they act like they are too good to tell.... Im starting to get upset.

Dude seriously? We'll ya lets stick together and get to the bottom of it. Ill do some research and see what I come up with.

Dude seriously? We'll ya lets stick together and get to the bottom of it. Ill do some research and see what I come up with.

I found this in the forums: "when I went to upload my own product data I had first to create the categories via the osCommerce admin page, and then use those categories in my master tab delimited file created by easy populate. Easy populate, as far as I can tell, does not create the categories for you it will only map to the categories if they already exist and match what is in your tab delimited txt file; it will however download the category mapping data if it exists in the first place."

SO I AM GOING TO TRY CREATING ALL THE CATEGORIES MANUALLY IN THE STORE ADMIN, THEN SETTING UP THE FILE TO MATCH, AND THEN UPLOAD. ILL SEE HOW THAT WORKS AND LET YOU KNOW!

Hey man, what if I dont want my products in SubCategories? What if I just want them in Categories. Level 1 only. Then on the CSV file do you think I should leave the Sub Categories Image blank and the Sub Categories Names blank...?

All the default products are in sub cats so I dont know how to set it up with out sub cats. Maybe I should add some products manually in level 1 cats the way I want them and then export that as a sample?

Hey man, what if I dont want my products in SubCategories? What if I just want them in Categories. Level 1 only. Then on the CSV file do you think I should leave the Sub Categories Image blank and the Sub Categories Names blank...?

All the default products are in sub cats so I dont know how to set it up with out sub cats. Maybe I should add some products manually in level 1 cats the way I want them and then export that as a sample?

So as far as the categories go, its sayin that in the data feed, we need to put the products in ourselves in the data file? Wow. Ill try it. as far as the subcats go.. I dont know yet. Ill take a look at that post as well. Did they show an example on how to format it? Do you know how?