• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

price attributes

popstar

Sorry if I missed this contribution, but I'm looking for something that will do this:

I have lots of items that are simillar but cost just a few dollars more for added features. I would like to know if there is a mod that exists that will allow a product to list a different price next to an attribute, not just an additional cost (hope that made sense). Here is an example.

I offer a carbon steel football facemask for $19.95. The same exact style of mask comes in Stainless Steel and Titanium. I'd like to list the attibutes for these different style metals at their actual price (lets say it's Carbon Steel $19.99, Stainless $29.99, Titanium $99.99), rather than showing something like "Stainless Steel +10.00". Sorry about the long explaination, just wanted to make sure it was understood. I have Linda's attibute mod installed, but I don't think this is something I can do with that script. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

Thanks!

Ken

Good things happen to good people!

Add an attribute setting for Style.

Carbon Steel

Stainless Steel + 10.00

The product price is then $19.99

The drop down is:

Style:

Carbon Steel

Stainless Steel (+10.00)

Thanks for the suggestion Linda, however that's what I'm trying to avoid. I'm trying to get the drop down (attribute) to show the actual price of the item, not the additional amount. Any ideas?

Then add the price as 0 and the attributes as 19.99 and 29.99

You will need to add in a calculator of sorts for these products so that their display price is the lowest of all the attribute selections.

ok, I get what you're saying. Not sure what you mean about the 'calculator' idea tho. If I list the main item without a price, will it show the lowest price attribute automatically?

Have to keep your eyes open for the next release of the Attributes Sorter and Copier where I will have this built in.

I have various versions of this running around in several add-ons, but the new version is much cleaner and easier to use.