• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UPS Rate descrepency

OSJS

I have been searching for a few days now and haven't found a definite answer to my question so I figured I better ask. I am currently using FedEx Real Time Quotes with no issues what so ever, all rates match perfectly with FedEx.com. I am however thinking about switching over to UPS for shipping. I have the latest UPS Choice 1.8.3.1 installed and functionally it works fine but it will not pull Delivery Area Surcharges for Rural and Rural Extended customers. The rates are a perfect match when shipped to large cities and non-rural areas just have that Delivery Surcharge issue that is not being calculated into the rate.

My questions are does the latest version of UPS XML rates & services 1.3.8 calculate these rates correctly since previous versions seemed like they didn't?

Also, does the Admin control panel basically have the same functions as the FedEx Real Time Quotes or is it different? If someone could email me a screen caption of the admin UPS Ship Module to take a peek that would be great so I can see what setting are adjustable in the admin area.

Thanks for the help!

• 4 weeks later...

Still looking for an answer and still can't find one by searching, surely this can be easily answered.

If you would have installed the UPSXML contribution you wouldn't have need to search nor wait for an answer. Of course you would have to get in touch with UPS to obtain a key.

UPSXML is supposed to use the same rate database as they use for their own website. The UPS Choice is using an old API that was supposed to get scrapped years ago but it never happened. It can only be used for USA addresses whereas UPSXML is working worldwide.

Edited by Jan Zonjee