• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Possible to order items not in the database?

pick1e

Our old ecommerce suite had a way to add items to the cart that were not in the database by sending a get request with item details to the "add to cart" script. This was awesome for adding items from a secondary database, I just had a script that generated the get request from the item details in the secondary database.

Is there anything similar to this for osCommerce?

--------------------------------

Justin

osC is awesome. Thanks everyone.

Our old ecommerce suite had a way to add items to the cart that were not in the database by sending a get request with item details to the "add to cart" script. This was awesome for adding items from a secondary database, I just had a script that generated the get request from the item details in the secondary database.

Is there anything similar to this for osCommerce?

Hello again,

You have possibilities like "Customer Add Product" and again "Quotes" which both allow the customer to ask for a non existant product that you (Quotes) or they (with Customer Add Product) can add a new product to be purchased.

If you have a link to your site I'll take a look at what you already have and see what others might fit with it, or how to totally reconstruct with Iscommerce 2.2.RC2a.

Barbara