• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Image names

jimsmega

I have been looking into Search Engine Optimization and installed KissMT. In looking at a lot of hints everywhere and I see that if you use a good image name it may help in SEO on google. On my site, when I pass over an image, it is picking up the product name for the image instead of the image name. Since I already have the Product name in the title, etc for search engines, I thought I should have a way to get the image name involved somehow. For example I sell Used Car Magazines, The title of the product may be "Car & Driver 1997 Feb - Corvettes, Roush/GT40 Mustangs". The image name is now CD-97-02. I thought if I renamed the image to "Car & Driver 1997 February" then I might get more hits since it expands the name and date for a better search hit. I have to shorten February in my titles for space considerations. (All months have to be abreviated) If I could spell it out in the image name I might have more luck. But problem is when I move the mouse over the images of my products, it gives the title instead of the image name. Where can I chanage this alt= code? Is it includes/functions/html_output.php? Can someone help me get the image name as default?

Archived