• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Forgotten Password page & email not functioning - And advanced search images not clickable (2 problems!) xx

eveorgan

Hi Everybody,

I have 2 problems which I wanted to knock on the head, I thought this would be the best place to come as everyone's been so helpful so far.

They're fairly simple problems i think, but i've no idea how to go about fixing them - any ideas please let me know.

Firstly:

When a customer tries to log in but forgets their password, they click on 'forgot your password?' - and it takes them to a page asking them to enter their email address, and telling them that a new password will be sent to them.

Once they type their email address, however, and press 'continue' - this error comes up:

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/eveorgan/public_html/password_forgotten.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/eveorgan/public_html/password_forgotten.php:36) in /home/eveorgan/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

and on top of that - when they do receive the email, it has 'new password' as its subject line, but the email is completely blank.

My second query has to do with the 'Advanced Search' function.

This successfully brings up relevant products, and if you see a product you want to look at and click 'details', it takes you to the product page.

However, if you click on the product image to see its details (which you can usually do on all products instead of clicking 'details'), it just comes up with 'Product not found'.

Any ideas on either issue? Or better, both? :) Thanks so much everyone, I appreciate it. xx

Hi Everybody,

I have 2 problems which I wanted to knock on the head, I thought this would be the best place to come as everyone's been so helpful so far.

They're fairly simple problems i think, but i've no idea how to go about fixing them - any ideas please let me know.

Firstly:

When a customer tries to log in but forgets their password, they click on 'forgot your password?' - and it takes them to a page asking them to enter their email address, and telling them that a new password will be sent to them.

Once they type their email address, however, and press 'continue' - this error comes up:

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in /home/eveorgan/public_html/password_forgotten.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/eveorgan/public_html/password_forgotten.php:36) in /home/eveorgan/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 33

and on top of that - when they do receive the email, it has 'new password' as its subject line, but the email is completely blank.

My second query has to do with the 'Advanced Search' function.

This successfully brings up relevant products, and if you see a product you want to look at and click 'details', it takes you to the product page.

However, if you click on the product image to see its details (which you can usually do on all products instead of clicking 'details'), it just comes up with 'Product not found'.

Any ideas on either issue? Or better, both? :) Thanks so much everyone, I appreciate it. xx

Hello Eve,

Have you added contributions that modified your includes/header.php, account.php, password_forgotten.php, advanced_search.php, includes/general.php or includes/html_output.php, or have you added a new image function ? Probably in one of your recent add-ons you made or missed a modification that affected certain functions.

The "headers already sent" problem commes from sessions so an add-on could have falsified the correct function. Check your last add-ons carefully, if not let me know and we will look at the files together.

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your reply. :) I added Security Pro the other day, but these problems have been there for some time - well before I added the contribution. I'm only just finding time to sort them out. So no, no contributions that I know of.

x

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your reply. :) I added Security Pro the other day, but these problems have been there for some time - well before I added the contribution. I'm only just finding time to sort them out. So no, no contributions that I know of.

x

OK, can you send me the above mentioned files in a zip file to my email in my profile (just click to the left on my avatar and you will be taken to the page to email me)and I will see if they are corrupted or if we need to look at other files to sort it out. It is surely somrthing simple but we have to find the right files.

Barbara