• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Suggestions on how to make invoices?

pick1e

Hello all, first post here :)

I'm experimenting with osCommerce to replace our current system. A main thing I'm missing though is a way to make general invoices for repairs.

Let me throw out some background, we are a brick and mortar store that added a standalone ecommerce solution years ago. At this point we get more business from the web than in person so I want to convert to a system that is web based but we can also enter sales in the store. (You can imagine we spend lots of time trying to keep different systems updated, a futile effort.) I'm checking out the POS add-ons, and it looks like osCommerce Point of Sale from MagneticOne may be okay, but pretty short on features. But, it might work. Any recommendations for a workable POS add-on are appreciated btw.

However, we have one part of the business that might be a pain as far as I'm seeing right now... We have a repair department that needs to make invoices for the customer. I need it to be integrated in the system since we use parts from inventory for repairs, not to mention wanting to keep customer data central, etc. The reason a repair invoice is different than say a POS sale is the additional information of when the equipment was brought in, the details of the equipment, repair notes, completion status, those kind of things.

Is there anything I might look at as a jumping-off point? Thanks in advance for your input.

Edited by pick1e

--------------------------------

Justin

osC is awesome. Thanks everyone.

Hello all, first post here :)

I'm experimenting with osCommerce to replace our current system. A main thing I'm missing though is a way to make general invoices for repairs.

Let me throw out some background, we are a brick and mortar store that added a standalone ecommerce solution years ago. At this point we get more business from the web than in person so I want to convert to a system that is web based but we can also enter sales in the store. (You can imagine we spend lots of time trying to keep different systems updated, a futile effort.) I'm checking out the POS add-ons, and it looks like osCommerce Point of Sale from MagneticOne may be okay, but pretty short on features. But, it might work. Any recommendations for a workable POS add-on are appreciated btw.

However, we have one part of the business that might be a pain as far as I'm seeing right now... We have a repair department that needs to make invoices for the customer. I need it to be integrated in the system since we use parts from inventory for repairs, not to mention wanting to keep customer data central, etc. The reason a repair invoice is different than say a POS sale is the additional information of when the equipment was brought in, the details of the equipment, repair notes, completion status, those kind of things.

Is there anything I might look at as a jumping-off point? Thanks in advance for your input.

Hello Justin,

With oscommerce 2.2.RC2a shopping cart there are a lot of add-ons that could be adapted to your situation. Take for Example the add-on Quotes which allows the customer to ask on line for a cost estimate and on the admin end allows you to create the detailed estimate which in effect becomes a bill for him to pay. You simply adapt it to your personal situation. Works great!

Also for inventory tracking you have QTPRO which is useful too.

And of course you can personalize your invoices as well with other add-ons.

Any other help needed?

Barbara

Hello Justin,

With oscommerce 2.2.RC2a shopping cart there are a lot of add-ons that could be adapted to your situation. Take for Example the add-on Quotes which allows the customer to ask on line for a cost estimate and on the admin end allows you to create the detailed estimate which in effect becomes a bill for him to pay. You simply adapt it to your personal situation. Works great!

Also for inventory tracking you have QTPRO which is useful too.

And of course you can personalize your invoices as well with other add-ons.

Any other help needed?

Barbara

Thanks Barbara for the suggestions, I will check out Quotes.

--------------------------------

Justin

osC is awesome. Thanks everyone.