• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Be aware: magneticone.com

p2409

Be aware that magenticone.com products have a support script (shopping cart diagnostic utility) that will retrieve information from configuration.php and sends it back to their company in the Ukraine. This includes your MySQL user id and password.

Note that with access to your MySQL database, credit card and address details are obtainable from most sites.

While it may be legitimately used for support purposes, you should be aware of what it does, and where it sends it.

If you do need to use this script, you would be strongly advised to immediately change your MySQL password after you've received support. If you do not use magneticone to support your site, you're ill-advised to use this script ever.

OSC User Definitions

"I can add modules to OSC" = I can search, cut and paste. But not well, or I wouldn't be here.

"I start my posting with 'works like a charm' = I'm letting you down gently, nothing works and I have no idea why

"I finish postings with "plzzzz....hlp" = My installation is buggered and I know I'm going to have to pay someone, but I really, really don't want to.

Archived