• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QuickBooks QBXML Order Input error?

Contribution at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/3384 is giving me some problems:

It's asking for Currency mapping. I don't have any currencies in Quickbooks, and there was no option to export them.

It's asking for tax code mappings. I *do* have tax code mappings in Quickbooks, but they aren't showing up. Maybe there's some way to make a manual entry in the DB?

Any attempt to export just produces an error XML file with no suggestions:

<?qbxml version="CA2.0"?>

<QBXML>

<QBXMLMsgsRq onError="continueOnError"/>

</QBXML>

Well, that's not helpful. Any suggestions?

I *was* able to map products and groups.

Oh, and I put "Shipped" (without the quotes) in the box that asks for the order status, I get this:

1054 - Unknown column 'Shipped' in 'where clause'

select * from orders o, orders_total ot, customers c where o.orders_id >= 5000 and o.orders_id <= 5010 and o.orders_status in (Shipped) and o.customers_id = c.customers_id and ot.class = 'ot_shipping' and ot.orders_id = o.orders_id and o.currency = 'USD'

That doesn't seem right.....

Right.

The answer is to put "5" in the input field, not "Shipped". Obviously. Because "5" the ID number for Shipped. I had to look it up in the DB. Now it's kicking out an XML file.

Now, SDKTest Plus 3 is trying to import the file, but it's telling me: "The version of QBXML that was requested is not supported or is unknown". This is for QuickBooks Pro 2009.

I whipped out Notepad and changed the <?qbxml version="CA2.0"?> to <?qbxml version="2.0"?>. Well, now the error I get is:

-2147220480 QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream.

Any ideas now?

Edited by ztwistbooks

Let's go from the end:

1) qbxml version broken - search for that exact error and you will find that you are not alone. I am not sure if they fixed it in latest release, but last release of QBXML was disaster

2) All tables used in the code should be defined. If you ran *.sql script that comes with the extension, it will be there. If something was screwed during the process, tables code complains about should be defined manually (that's to response to your private email about TABLE_ORDER_EXPORT_PRDOUCT_OPTION_MAP)

3) Shipping methods you map during admin mapping - it should be unique substring exactly as you see it in the order. Shipping mechanism (and naming conventions) in osC is disaster. For instance, you can define UPS:standard or Federal Express:Priority if this is what shows up on the order confirmation page.

Shimon

Right.

The answer is to put "5" in the input field, not "Shipped". Obviously. Because "5" the ID number for Shipped. I had to look it up in the DB. Now it's kicking out an XML file.

Now, SDKTest Plus 3 is trying to import the file, but it's telling me: "The version of QBXML that was requested is not supported or is unknown". This is for QuickBooks Pro 2009.

I whipped out Notepad and changed the <?qbxml version="CA2.0"?> to <?qbxml version="2.0"?>. Well, now the error I get is:

-2147220480 QuickBooks found an error when parsing the provided XML text stream.

Any ideas now?

Let's go from the end:

1) qbxml version broken - search for that exact error and you will find that you are not alone. I am not sure if they fixed it in latest release, but last release of QBXML was disaster

Thank you for your response.

Maybe I'm using QBXML wrong, but it appears to just be a connector to QB. In any case, what version of QBXML are you using? Maybe I could use the same version.

The "CA2.0" in the XML file seems to imply that it works with a Canadian version of QB or QBXML. I'm in the US and using a US version of QB 2009 Pro. I think that matters. I think that this is an incompatibility with the XML file and my version of QuickBooks.

2) All tables used in the code should be defined. If you ran *.sql script that comes with the extension, it will be there. If something was screwed during the process, tables code complains about should be defined manually (that's to response to your private email about TABLE_ORDER_EXPORT_PRDOUCT_OPTION_MAP)

The tables are fine. The problem a typo in the install.txt file. Download the zip file and look. The error is there. I fixed the typo with a text editor. Problem solved. It should be fixed in install.txt, though.

3) Shipping methods you map during admin mapping - it should be unique substring exactly as you see it in the order. Shipping mechanism (and naming conventions) in osC is disaster. For instance, you can define UPS:standard or Federal Express:Priority if this is what shows up on the order confirmation page.

I didn't have a problem with that. Those seem to map fine. The problem was elsewhere.

When you go to order_export.php, there's a field "For comma-separated status IDs [ ]". The status is something like "Shipped", "Pending", "Back Ordered", or whatever. However, you need to put in the *index* for one or more of those status, which is going to be something like 5 (for Pending). I eventually figured that out, but I had to look in the database to get the right index.

Anyway, I can generate the XML file. My only problem now is that I can't convince my versions of QuickBooks / SDKTestPlus to accept the XML file. I have no idea how to do this. Any suggestions?

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was reading this thread and downloaded the distribution files hoping to find additional details regarding automation capabilities. My intent is to bring into Qbooks a group of invoices at scheduled times (hourly, daily, weekly, etc) in a more or less automated fashion.

I read the readme.txt in the distribution and the usage part of this application, but it seems to me that the application is still somewhat "static".

Is this right? or I am not understanding this capability well?

Thank you for your time.